FORUMS: list search recent posts

Batman

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Smith
Batman
on Feb 17, 2010 at 4:44:05 pm

Can I admit this? One of my guilty pleasures it to watch the "60s" Batman movie. It makes me laugh a lot and is something that is innocent so you can watch it with the young kids. I think Adam West new this was a big joke and played his character just right. Don't forget to pack your anti shark repellent.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
Re: Batman
on Feb 17, 2010 at 6:00:13 pm

Haha, you gotta love Cesar Romero's Joker make-up painted over his mustache.

"Have you heard this joke, Batman? It'll KILL YOU, bwahahaha!"

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Feb 17, 2010 at 9:07:33 pm

"Some days, you just can't get RID of a ticking bomb!"

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Feb 17, 2010 at 11:23:04 pm

The only thing wrong with this movie was no Julie Newmar. Sigh...

Speaking of Cesar's mustache, check this out. Gotta love the guy.

By way of batmania.com/ar.

I'm actually a fan across his career, which goes waaay back. His second role was in The Thin Man, from 1934. Via Aveleyman.com

And from 1941's Tall Dark and Handsome, via I'll Keeep You Posted.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Feb 18, 2010 at 3:48:07 pm

[Mark] "Some days, you just can't get RID of a ticking bomb!"

In an interview on the bonus material Adam West was asked about that scene. His response with a big smile was, "I hope it doesn't reflect on my entire career." What a great remark.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Ron Lindeboom
on Feb 18, 2010 at 12:26:20 am

[Stephen Smith] "I think Adam West new this was a big joke and played his character just right."

Adam West loved that role and played it for kids everywhere, even when he was not on-set or in costume.

A friend of mine when we were kids in a band, told me of a time that he was in a roadside diner out in the California desert. Adam West was at a table eating and every kid in the place was looking at him and knew who he was.

Upon finishing his meal and paying the waitress, he jumped out out of his booth, began talking on his non-existent wrist radio, and began talking to the police that he would be there in a few minutes to assist them in taking down the criminals.

He ran out of the restaurant and jumped into his car and peeled away, to the delight and cheers of every kid in the place.

I liked Adam West 10-times more after hearing that story.

My friend told me that he and his brothers never missed an episode of Batman on TV, after that encounter.

I wouldn't have either.

Best regards,

Ron Lindeboom
CEO, CreativeCOW.net

Creativity is a type of learning process where the teacher and pupil are located in the same individual.

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
- Antoine de Saint Exupéry

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
- Gandhi

Better is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with the poor spirits who neither enjoy much, nor suffer much because they live in a gray twilight that knows no victory or defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on May 7, 2010 at 1:29:52 am

I am happy to report that my DVD of the Batman movie sits happily on my shelf right next to Spaceballs.

When I was a kid I used to wake up at 6:30 on Saturday mornings in order to be ready for back to back episodes of Batman at 7am. Between 6:30 and 7 I discovered my love for another great show - This Old House. I never would have met Norm, Tommy, Richard and at the time Bob Vila had it not been for Adam West.

I believe 8am brought Superfriends - kind of hokey in hindsight but great times back in the day.

Mike Cohen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]