FORUMS: list search recent posts

R.I.P. Harold Ramis

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Roberts
R.I.P. Harold Ramis
on Feb 24, 2014 at 7:04:41 pm

If I had to list a few of the things I was *really* into when I was a kid, it would be Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Jurassic Park, and freakin Ghostbusters. Sad day, you guys. He had an impressive career of now classic comedies (as a writer and/or director), and he also had a slew of funny roles as an actor, too. As bummed out as this makes me, I don't even want to know what it's going to be like when Bill Murray or Dan Aykroyd become eligible for the containment unit.

(pours out beer on Tobin's Spirit Guide for a fallen Ghostbuster)

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/chi-harold-ramis-dead-20140224,...

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: R.I.P. Harold Ramis
on Feb 24, 2014 at 9:58:59 pm

I knew of him before most of the movie roles, from his brilliant work on SCTV. In the past decade, he really helped boost Chicago and Illinois as a location to make films, and that influence has helped bring millions of dollars' worth of production business to Illinois. Ramis always exhibited this likable, accessible everyman/ straight man persona in his roles, always with a bit of a nod and wink to the audience that he wasn't taking any of this too seriously, and neither should we. His last movie didn't get much love, but you have to respect his body of work, both onscreen and off.

I wonder if his passing will finally quell the continued murmuring of a GB III, or will it only encourage the Hollywood types to go ahead with a rebooted version? I hope they don't. There is a kind of feeling like when John and then, later, George died; a realization that the magic team can no longer ever form as it once did. Re-RoboCop was one thing, but nobody should want or need to re-do LOTR after Peter Jackson, nobody should try to re-do Casablanca, and nobody should try to re-do Ghostbusters now.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]