FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kung Fury

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Smith
Kung Fury
on Jan 22, 2014 at 9:24:58 pm

Kung Fury is a 80's cop action / comedy film. It is on Kickstarter and has already past what they wanted.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Jeff Breuer
Re: Kung Fury
on Jan 22, 2014 at 10:13:44 pm

"This movie is super accurate!"
-from there Kickstarter page

Great trailer! I was a fan of the Nintendo Power Glove in particular. Really great 3D modeling too!

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jan 22, 2014 at 10:34:32 pm

Do you really need to see more of this? It's perfect just as a trailer, down tot he fake chroma-crawl to give it the flavor of mid-80's videotape.

I think of this like "Grindhouse": It was awesome a a fake trailer, not so great as real movies.

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
on Jan 23, 2014 at 3:14:19 pm

[Mark Suszko] "I think of this like "Grindhouse": It was awesome a a fake trailer, not so great as real movies."

I think it's hit or miss. I almost always check out movies like this one (which looks funny as well), because they have great potential to be hilarious. But they can also, yes, not really ever surpass the amazing trailer. The key is whether or not the actual film can keep up the consistent craziness for 90 minutes, and not just feel like they're stalling for time.

For example, Black Dynamite ended up being one of my favorite films of 2009, because it was just so freaking insane throughout the whole thing. I'm proud to say I contributed to the $296,556 worth of box office gross of attendees who actually saw Black Dynamite in its super short theatrical run.

Hobo with a Shotgun was another one that had an amazing trailer and still managed to be delightfully crazy for a feature length running time as well.

However some great looking trailers end up being kind of flat. I found out the hard way about The FP. Man, I wanted this to be good. But it ended up being kind of boring. At least the oddly consistent future slang that they never gave up on was pretty funny.

But Miami Connection is a masterpiece. This movie far surpassed my expectations of hilariousness. This is the gold standard for funny trailers actually ending up being funny films.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jan 24, 2014 at 9:56:18 pm

[Mark]
Do you really need to see more of this? It's perfect just as a trailer, down tot he fake chroma-crawl to give it the flavor of mid-80's videotape.

I think of this like "Grindhouse": It was awesome a a fake trailer, not so great as real movies.

Most likely it will suck. However, you just never know. Napoleon Dynamite worked out really well and made a lot of money.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jan 28, 2014 at 5:04:54 pm

Napoleon Dynamite had some good moments, but overall, I wouldn't think of it as "great".

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jan 28, 2014 at 6:11:47 pm
Last Edited By Stephen Smith on Jan 28, 2014 at 6:19:03 pm

I really enjoyed the film...enough to purchase it. It has a lot of great lines, which is why I ended up seeing it in the theater. My family kept quoting the film and laughing and I had no idea as to what they where talking about until I watched it.

According to Box Office Mojo its Domestic Total Gross was $44,540,956. It's budget was $400,000. Now that is great....for whoever got the money.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]