FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sherlock season 3

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Smith
Sherlock season 3
on Jan 21, 2014 at 6:00:21 pm

I really enjoyed the first episode of season 3 for Sherlock. I think it is a great show that you should watch if you haven't. It had a great blend of humor and what you would expect from a show called Sherlock. It picks up two years later since they took a two year hiatus thanks to the Hobbit. Everything tied together very nicely. Can't wait for the next two episodes.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Tom Sefton
Re: Sherlock season 3
on Jan 21, 2014 at 8:36:26 pm

You won't be disappointed. The final episode of the 3 is one of the best 90 minutes of TV I've seen in a long time.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jan 21, 2014 at 9:00:31 pm

That is awesome, I can't wait!

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Jan 22, 2014 at 7:39:04 am

Glad to hear it, Tom! The third of each series has been astounding so far. I'm looking forward to this one too, and the second in this series hasn't even aired here yet1

I'm a fan, but mostly because of the characters. Sherlock and John obviously, but I loved Moriarty, and have developed a real soft spot for Molly....

...but a lot of the stories have been pretty weak. That really doesn't ultimately bother me, but the mystery to start off Season 3 wasn't especially compelling...

...but what a pleasure, regardless! I'm not giving anything away to say that we meet John's fiancee -- after 125 years, sorry, it's just not a spoiler -- but a terrific performance, and written sharp as a whip. She's going to be priceless.

Speaking of which, this episode was written by one of the show's creators, Mark Gatiss -- who also plays Mycroft. Other episodes where Gatiss was the sole writing credit include the cliffhanger at the end of Series One (yay!!!) and Hound of the Baskervilles (sad trombone).

This time, the interaction between him and Sherlock was incredible. I absolutely loved it.

So, the show: absolutely recommended. In fact, to get ready for this one, we watched all six of the other episodes over a couple of days, at least the third time we'd watched them, and some more often than that.

This episode: the mystery, 2 stars, tops...but that clearly wasn't as high a priority as all the rest. And for all the rest, all the stars. Perfect.

Return to posts index

Tom Sefton
on Jan 22, 2014 at 9:30:57 am

If you like the villains in Sherlock, the final episode of this 3 introduces the one of the best I have seen in any TV program. He is magnificently acted and the interplay between Sherlock, himself and Watson is priceless. He's intelligent, cold, calculating and altogether nasty.

Interestingly, Watson's fiance is Martin Freeman's off screen partner, and look out for Sherlock's parents who are played by Benerdict Cumberbatch's parents.

Mark Gatiss is an incredibly talented comedy writer who was part of the collective that created "League of Gentlemen". Not the crummy Sean Connery film - a hilarious, very dark comedy set in a small village in the North of England. It became cult-then-mainstream viewing in 90's England. If you have never watched it, give it a try. Most of the characters will transcend UK/USA humour, particularly if you like dark comedy. Not dark, as in, should I be laughing at this because its actually quite insulting, but dark, as in the writing is quite frightening. Mr Gatiss has gone on to write and produce some great horror/ghost stories for British TV too.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]