FORUMS: list search recent posts

Your Oscar pic

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Smith
Your Oscar pic
on Feb 11, 2010 at 10:22:33 pm

What is your Oscar pick for Best Picture 2010?

-The Blind Side
-District 9
-An Education
-The Hurt Locker
-Inglorious Basterds
-A Serious Man
-Up
-Up in the Air

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
Re: Your Oscar pic
on Feb 11, 2010 at 10:36:02 pm

Most likely, Avatar will will. Kevin Costner will then interrupt Cameron's speech in order to call attention to the plight of the people of FernGully, and of course, the Kurds. Then Peter Jackson, followed closely by Andy Serkis, will grab the mike and say that District 9 was actually the best movie of all time, leaving poor Jim Cameron scratching his head.

I'd like to see a movie like District 9 win. This would guarantee that we will see lots of bad direct to DVD gritty sci-fi movies in the coming year.

Mike Cohen

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
on Feb 11, 2010 at 10:36:59 pm

I really want Inglorious Basterds to win, but it won't. I also want Up in the Air to win, but that probably won't either. It's very cool that District 9 got a nomination, but it has a 0% chance of winning.

I'm going to say Hurt Locker will win Best Picture, while Jimmy Cameron wins Best Director for Avatar. Or vice versa, who knows?! I think it will be a split in those two categories. This year is a lot more open than the last few years, which had near certain winners.

Return to posts index

Bob Cole
on Feb 23, 2010 at 5:20:33 am

[Scott Roberts] "I really want Inglorious Basterds to win, but it won't"

HuffPost says it will.

Return to posts index

Jeff Breuer
on Feb 12, 2010 at 3:54:10 pm

I agree with Scott, I'm going with Hurt Locker. Avatar isn't winning any top awards from the Guilds and I think the newly added nominees will saturate the category and allow a smaller picture a better shot at the top.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]