FORUMS: list search recent posts

James Franco & Seth Rogen remake "Bound 2"

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Roberts
James Franco & Seth Rogen remake "Bound 2"
on Nov 25, 2013 at 8:31:08 pm

OK, so this is blowing up all over the internet this afternoon, and rightfully so. While on the set filming their new movie "The Interview" (a comedy about two dudes recruited to assassinate Kim Jong-un), James Franco and Seth Rogen decided to do a shot-for-shot remake of Kanye West's latest music video "Bound 2", which is a pretty awful video to begin with.

I figured the justification for posting it here in this forum is that Rogen and Franco are two of the biggest comedy movie stars on the planet right now, but in actuality, it's simply amazing and hilarious and it needs to be seen by as many people as possible.

It's definitely NSFW for the language in the Kanye Song, but it could also be considered NSFW if your boss doesn't want you looking at a video of Seth Rogen shirtless. Risqué!

And if you need a frame of reference, some wonderful person on the internet has already done a side-by-side version of the two videos. Sometimes the internet is just a wonderful place.

I think we can all say that this sets a new bar for shot-for-shot remakes of things. Sorry, Gus Van Sant's "Psycho"

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
Re: James Franco & Seth Rogen remake "Bound 2"
on Nov 25, 2013 at 8:56:18 pm

I have the following questions:

1 - I am apparently out of Kanye's demographic - is this considered music? Seems really disjointed

2 - Surely Kanye West can make music videos without resorting to cable access quality chroma key. Ok that's not really a question. James and Seth have better lighting

3 - I assume this is a really popular song and video for cool guys like Seth and James to make a parody, or do all H-wood types just follow everyone else in H-wood? I believe this is the first actual Kanye West song I have actually heard, and not a good first impression at that

4 - Do I come across as an old geezer here? I feel like my grandpa when he first heard Rock n Roll "what is that noise and what happened to my Mitch Miller record?!"

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
on Nov 25, 2013 at 9:12:56 pm

The answers (as best I can give)

1) It's not a good song. I don't want to start a potential rap war with anyone else, but Kanye West is pretty overrated.

2) I agree, the production value is comically better on the Franco/Rogen version.

3) Kanye just released this video this month, and it has gotten popular because it's a pretty bad video. I assume, and of course this is just my assumption, that Franco and Rogen made this parody to directly mock how stupid of a video it is, and not because they're friends with Kanye or something.

4) I'm only 29, and even I feel too old for music that sounds like this.

Also, the parody reminded me of something, and I couldn't put my finger on it, but then I just figured it out a few minutes ago!

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Nov 25, 2013 at 9:37:47 pm

serenity now

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Nov 27, 2013 at 6:34:11 pm

Kanye had some early stuff that wasn't bad, as far as rap stuff goes. But he's long since gotten star-struck and is now one of those "megastarz" surrounded by yes-men who love everything, bad or good. He's reading his own PR too much and doing the same kind of things Scott Stapp used to. kanye's ripe for parody now; he's gone over the top.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]