FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sleepy Hollow

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Smith
Sleepy Hollow
on Nov 1, 2013 at 4:11:47 pm

When I first heard about the TV show Sleepy Hollow I thought it sounded extremely lame. While waiting for Trick Or Treaters I thought I would see what was on HULU and decided to give Sleepy Hollow a try and I was very happy that I did. Have you seen it and what do you think?

The show is about Ichabod Crane is a Spy during the Revolutionary War and dies in battle against the "headless horseman". He is resurrected and pulled two and a half centuries through time to unravel a mystery that dates all the way back to the founding fathers. So it is a fish out of water X-files TV show.

And no it isn't this guy:

I thought the dialog was really good. I loved parts where Ichabob is surprised about what is in the "future world". He teams up with a female police officer and he asks her how she can wear trousers.

I'm a big fan of the X-files (except the last stuff) and enjoyed this show as well. I guess I'll have to check out the other episodes.

One side note, daylight hurts the headless horseman so why not use your flashlight on him instead of a gun...what am I writing, I'm talking about a show with time travel, witches and a headless horseman.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Sleepy Hollow
on Nov 1, 2013 at 7:13:17 pm

A reviewer in EW said, paraphrasing: "How long are you going to keep him in those 200 year old unwashed clothes without even a bath?"

So your flashlight observation is not without some company.

That kind of thing bothers me about shows, though: you can get me to suspend disbelief for the purpose of the story, but only until you stop being internally consistent and "logical" in that imaginary world. That's a huge turn-off for me.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Sleepy Hollow
on Nov 1, 2013 at 7:22:31 pm

[Mark]
A reviewer in EW said, paraphrasing: "How long are you going to keep him in those 200 year old unwashed clothes without even a bath?"

I have only seen the first episode, but once he gets a hotel room it shows him trying to take a bath and then it shows him using a blow dryer to dry his cloths. I'm not an expert on clothing during the revolutionary war time period but I imagine it would be common to only own one or two pairs of cloths. If that is true then it would be normal to see him in the same cloths everyday. However, someone should buy him some new cloths at some point. Maybe he goes on TLC's "What Not To Wear" in the 5th episode.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]