FORUMS: list search recent posts

The Michael J. Fox Show

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Roberts
The Michael J. Fox Show
on Sep 27, 2013 at 10:09:25 pm

I guess a show that fell off my radar completely was The Michael J. Fox Show, which I was only reminded of because of a commercial during Parks & Rec.

I've watched the first two episodes they aired, and... EHHHHHH.

I thought there were some genuinely funny lines in the show, and I noticed that they gave 100% of the funny lines to MJF. All of the supporting characters are terrible (poor Marie, well, I guess she was serviceable). I REALLY hate the older son character. What an irritating clod. The daughter is also annoying, but seems alright when compared to the older son. Then the youngest son is just trying to be Dewey from Malcolm in the Middle. Oh, yeah, then there's the Aunt character, who is a 30-ish woman in New York who "can't find a man, by-golly!" So she walks around her home naked with the windows open, saying "what if one of the creeps looking in is a doctor!" UHHHHHG. There are strong woman characters on TV, then there's this. At least Bunk from The Wire was there.

I also hated the style of the show. It was intercut with cell phone interviews to provide inner monologue. It actually made sense during the first episode, because the daughter was doing a video project about her family. But then she turned it in at the end of the episode, so why are the cell phone interviews still in the second episode...?

So, to sum it up, Michael J. Fox rules, and always will, but everyone else on this show is awful. I'll give it a few more chances, but they better figure out how to even the show out, or I'm done with it. I can always just watch his stint on Curb Your Enthusiasm again if I want to hear tongue-in-cheek jokes about his disease.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: The Michael J. Fox Show
on Sep 28, 2013 at 12:06:23 am

So you mean it had a shaky start.

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
Re: The Michael J. Fox Show
on Sep 29, 2013 at 12:06:28 am

[Mark Suszko] "So you mean it had a shaky start."

Someone send Mark this year's Creative COW fuzzy slippers.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]