FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bob and David Live

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Roberts
Bob and David Live
on Sep 23, 2013 at 3:45:22 pm

First off, check out what's possibly the worst picture I've ever taken on my phone.

Over the weekend, I went to a live comedy show with Bob Odenkirk (Saul from Breaking Bad) and David Cross (Tobias from Arrested Development), and it was great. They are of course, both most known together as the guys from Mr. Show. They started off the program with the European version of their Mr. Show act, where they put on oversized costumes of themselves and reenacted a few Mr Show sketches with poorly overdubbed voice over.

Over the course of the two hours they did some new sketches, they each did some stand up (including Brian Posehn, who is really funny and was also there), and at the end they had a Q&A. Bob didn't really do a traditional stand up (because I don't believe he's a stand up comedian), so he just sat on a stool and told some really funny life stories. He started to talk about Breaking Bad for a minute, but then I think he got sidetracked and moved onto something else. During the Q&A, I believe someone asked him how Breaking Bad ended, and he just shrugged it off and said he didn't know.

They DID however say that their next live venture will be a 90 minute brand new live episode of Mr. Show that they want to take on tour. This is amazing news for anyone who is a fan of Mr. Show. I'll be getting tickets to that too, whenever it happens.

The two guys were out promoting their new book "Hollywood Said No", which is a collection of failed screenplays that Bob and David tried to have made years ago, but were rejected by the studios and abandoned. I'm about 3/4ths of the way through it at this point, and it's pretty funny if you're into their brand of comedy.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Bob and David Live
on Sep 23, 2013 at 4:38:12 pm

Todd Margaret was one of the most cringe-inducing yet entertaining things I've ever seen on TV.

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
Re: Bob and David Live
on Sep 23, 2013 at 9:26:56 pm

[Mark Suszko] "Todd Margaret was one of the most cringe-inducing yet entertaining things I've ever seen on TV."

Agreed! I've never been more entertained by watching a character dig an endless hole for himself over the course of two seasons, than by Todd Margaret.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]