FORUMS: list search recent posts

Netflix

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Smith
Netflix
on Jan 21, 2010 at 12:06:27 am

I just recently signed up for Netflix and like their service a lot. What a great resource for someone who loves movies. And the price is right as well. I set up a free two week account and rented about 12 movies. That you can't beat. Just thought I would share this with the fans of film.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
Re: Netflix
on Jan 21, 2010 at 4:40:17 pm

I used to do Blockbuster Online about a year ago when I used to live walking distance across the street from a Blockbuster, and that was awesome because they would send me three movies, then after I watched them I could walk them to the store and trade in the "mailers" for in-store rentals free of charge, and they would send you new "mailers" while you still had the in-store rentals. It was like an endless flow of rentals for the several months I did this!

I don't know if it's still possible to do that, and I'm sure in the long run Netflix will be around longer than Blockbuster, but if you don't mind leaving your house and going to a Blockbuster to trade things in, Blockbuster Online was amazing!

Return to posts index

Harry Pallenberg
on Jan 22, 2010 at 12:42:41 am

Blockbuster thing still works - but I hear they are closing more & more stores... streaming will obviously be the future... thats already here - netflix streaming is pretty good... just need more titles...

guess thats what the apple tablet will be for... wink

Thanks,
Harry

Forum Cowmunity Leader: Indie & Doc
Forum Cowmunity Leader: HDV

Dual 1.8 G5 ** 2GB ** 10.5.4 (Office / Photoshop)
Dual 2.0 G5 ** 4GB ** 10.5.4 Kona 2 (FCP 6.0.4 Machine)

http://www.womeninboxes.com
The Documentary Film about Magic's Better Half.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jan 22, 2010 at 2:59:05 pm

For the popular new releases, I do redBox which lets me drop off the DVD anywhere in town, there's literally five choices of drops just on my way home from work, and you can reserve a copy by internet that waits for you at the redbox of your choice, so you don;t have to guess or hope they didn't run out of the title you want. Of course the red box is limited to only the really new mass releases. I should probably get netflix but right now the fees you still pay if you rent or not are too much for my budget, considering I have too much on the DVR that is waiting to be watched already. The rental stores near me keep offering less and less of what I want: oldies, obscure titles, genre' and foreign stuff, documentaries, anime', so I go there less and less. Those stores are doomed.

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
on Jan 22, 2010 at 4:13:20 pm

I definitely agree about rental stores not having very many obscure titles. Or moreso, in certain genres they have TOO many. Mainly horror films. Not that I want to rent these specific movies because I already own them, but the Blockbuster by my house doesn't even have The Exorcist or The Shining! The ENTIRE horror section is nothing but straight-to-DVD, low budget, modern horror films that I've never heard of, and never plan on watching. The small horror studios must have made a deal with Blockbuster or something.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jan 22, 2010 at 5:42:04 pm

Not the studios, but distributors, yes, I believe they did.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jan 22, 2010 at 6:04:23 pm

I agree, the RedBox is cool for new titles. I bet the Blockbuster near my house didn't have Hot Pursuit. And if they did that would be $4.25 to do an in store one time rental. Regardless, the Blockbuster near my house closed two months ago. If Blockbuster copied NetFlix when NetFlix started out instead of dragging their feet I think Blockbuster would be a lot better off today. Just my 2 cents.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Nick Griffin
Re: Netflix Alternative
on Jan 22, 2010 at 9:27:39 pm

Half.com is the first place I go for a movie that I think I might like to see more than once. Yea, I end up with bulging shelves but the limitations of renting and potential low prices at Half.com make owning DVDs more attractive. But that's just me. You could be different.

Return to posts index

Micah McDowell
on Jan 25, 2010 at 10:43:10 pm

As far as I'm concerned, Netflix is the best thing since sliced bread. They've got every movie I've ever wanted to see on DVD, and the online streaming quality isn't too bad for the most part.

I'm probably going to cancel my cable soon since Netflix honestly seems to have anything I'd want to watch. Makes me wonder why I didn't sign up for it sooner.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]