FORUMS: list search recent posts

Living a childhood dream

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Smith
Living a childhood dream
on Aug 5, 2013 at 3:02:55 pm

Bozo the clown had a game on his show where you threw ping pong balls into a series of buckets. My brother and I used to wake up around 5:50 am on Saturday so we could watch the Bozo Bucket Bonanza and wish that we could be the kid who tossed the ping pong balls into the buckets. The grand prize was always something like a bike. I remember always saying something like I would have made that and won the bike! I got to full fill my childhood dream at some pizza place that had the game. Enjoy pic below. And yes, I would have won a bike!

Stephen Smith - Follow me on Behance

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Living a childhood dream
on Aug 5, 2013 at 3:26:24 pm

... plus, the shiny silver dollar, the month's supply of BUN brand candy, And some LaMode hosiery for your mom, is how that would have gone down on the WGN-tv version with Bob Bell as the Ultimate Bozo.

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Aug 5, 2013 at 3:30:53 pm

For those born after 1975

Return to posts index

Jeff Breuer
on Aug 5, 2013 at 3:59:38 pm

Yes!!! Me too!!! I remember that.

Return to posts index

Kylee Peña
on Aug 5, 2013 at 4:06:24 pm

Oh man!! That's one of my childhood dreams! I know a lot of kids always said they thought they could get up there and do it better, but honestly the thought of it terrified me cuz I knew I would suck.

Pizza place? Pft, gimme. Jealous!

blog: kyleesportfolio.com/blog
twitter: @kyl33t
demo: kyleewall.com

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Aug 5, 2013 at 6:31:51 pm

Bob Bell, Chicago's most famous Bozo actor, was the model for Krusty the Clown on Simpsons.

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
on Aug 5, 2013 at 10:38:05 pm

I remember in pre-school or kindergarten, the teacher made her own Bozo Buckets for us kids to practice on, in case we ever went to the show (WGN version, represent!), which we never did.

On the same note of childhood game shows, I greatly hungered to go through the Double Dare obstacle course. And I feel like there should be an adult version of this course made available at a bar or something. There is a whole generation of now-adults who would like to experience the joy of picking the giant booger nose, only to get slowed down in the ball pit and ultimately fail to cross the finish line by 5 feet.

Ditto on the Hidden Temple:

ANNNNNND the Aggro-Crag:

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Aug 5, 2013 at 11:07:54 pm

Double Dare would be another childhood dream. If it is ever at the Pizza Place I'll let you know.

Stephen Smith - Follow me on Behance

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]