FORUMS: list search recent posts

Surprising Movies this Month

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Roberts
Surprising Movies this Month
on Jan 19, 2010 at 4:59:03 pm

Wow, I read the Cinema 4D and Photoshop forums all the time here, but I never noticed this one. It's pretty cool that this exists on the Cow!

Anyway, I've seen a few movies this new year (some that were released in 2009 but didn't get to theaters in my town until recently), and I was completely surprised in how I felt about them.

For instance I like Terry Gilliam a lot, and finally got to see The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, and I ended up thinking it was terrible (I couldn't tell if it was supposed to be aimed at children or adults). The same goes for A Single Man, it was highly praised and well reviewed before I saw it this past Sunday night, and I ended up thinking it was beautifully shot, but essentially pointless and ultimately mediocre.

Whereas surprisingly, I thought Youth in Revolt and Daybreakers were going to be really bad, but both of them ended up being very entertaining! I mean they were both kind of stupid, but honestly they were very entertaining. I've got to give the January victory to the mass-appeal stupid movies this month over the art films!

Anybody else see this movies and happen to agree? Or is my taste just getting comically worse...?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]