FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lego the movie

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Smith
Lego the movie
on Jun 24, 2013 at 6:00:23 pm

A week or so ago a radio reporter did a story on blocks. Talked about Legos, mind craft. The history of blocks. Anyways, at the end of the story the reporter mentioned that they where surprised that Hollywood hasn't cashed in yet on the popularity of blocks. They could have a "Block....buster". Then IMDB had this:

Stephen Smith - Follow me on Behance

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
Re: Lego the movie
on Jun 27, 2013 at 10:41:15 pm

Surprisingly, that looks like a decent movie! I'd see it. The Lego video games are kind of funny as well.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jun 27, 2013 at 10:48:42 pm

[Scott]

Surprisingly, that looks like a decent movie! I'd see it. The Lego video games are kind of funny as well.

Surprisingly, Surprisingly I agree. I liked the Batman part.

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Jun 28, 2013 at 9:18:18 pm

Although they have most every character ever as a LEGO figure, I wonder what kind of licensing agreements they needed to have Batman and co in this movie. It is Warner Brothers so they could have Harry Potter characters, but possibly not any Star Wars or Indiana Jones mini figs.

I remember my LEGO idea book circa 1978. It had a scant amount of text in the beginning saying that LEGO is universal and without language, which is why the story depicted has no words - the words like the play are up to the individual.

http://www.1000steine.com/brickset/images/225-1.jpg

no not that one, though notice the 99 cents price

This one:
http://rebrickable.com/img/sets-b/6000-1.jpg

Well I guess LEGO has thrown this utopian view of the world out the window.

Any way it looks like fun. Morgan Freeman must be very busy.

Mike Cohen

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Jun 28, 2013 at 11:39:44 pm

One of my favorite things about the people passing through the COW is that I'm a fan...of almost everything...except Damon Lindelof's current run and any comic movie over 2 hours long...but really, mostly a fan.

I gotta admit I geeked out a little when I saw a production guy from LEGO AudioVisuals / LEGO Group in Denmark sign up. Yeah yeah, Oscar blockbuster blah blah blah.....but DUDE, f'in LEGO!

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jul 1, 2013 at 2:45:01 pm

I have to say that I love Legos. They where such a big part of my childhood. My brothers and I always love to build Arcades (thanks to Wreak it Ralf another generation will know what an Arcade is) so our Lego people could go and enjoy themselves after a hard day of driving or flying around our rooms.

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Jul 1, 2013 at 7:26:25 pm

Here in CT we have the US HQ of LEGO. They used to manufacture the bricks here but they have since moved the factory to Mexico. However they still occupy 300,000 square feet of office space on a 200 acre campus.

Oh well, they are fun toys and fun games and videos.

Other famous plastic toys calling CT home include PEZ, the original Frisbee and the Wiffle Ball.

They used to manufacture Almond Joy bars at the Peter Paul factory in nearby Naugatuck though I'm not sure how much plastic was in those products?!

Mike

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Oct 15, 2013 at 2:47:13 pm

Here I am in my Lego Movie glory:

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>