FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best Movie of 2009

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Smith
Best Movie of 2009
on Jan 4, 2010 at 9:56:50 pm

At the end of the year you see a lot of "best of" lists. What would you say is the best film of 2009? I loved Star Trek.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Best Movie of 2009
on Jan 4, 2010 at 10:09:48 pm

I also saw "FlareTrek", and while it had some good moments, I couldn't say it was as good as, say, "Up", which was executed absolutely perfectly, not even needing dialogue for most of the first reel.

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
Re: Best Movie of 2009
on Jan 5, 2010 at 12:11:42 pm

I loved the first reel of Up, but HATED the rest of it. At the top of my list of least favorite of the year. So there you go.

Even though I would never have predicted it, I have to say Star Trek too. We got it on Netflix, and after watching the movie, watched the commentary and features, then watched the movie again, back to back. Then we bought the 3-disk special release two days later (with free shipping - thanks, Amazon Prime!), and watched the rest of the features - really wonderful stuff that no fan of behind the scenes stuff for ANY movie should miss...and then of course watched the movie again. It was exhilarating. I'm on the road at the moment, but when I get back home, will be watching it again.

I haven't seen it on any year-end lists, but I also really enjoyed the new Harry Potter. Dark stuff, but well told, and gorgeously shot.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]