FORUMS: list search recent posts

Wrong

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Roberts
Wrong
on Apr 10, 2013 at 1:36:32 pm

Premise: From the writer/director of Rubber (one of the better comedies of 2011), comes the story of a man whose dog gets kidnapped, and he tries to telepathically connect to the dog's poop in order to solve the mystery. There are a couple of side plots too, but they, like most of the film, often made no sense.

Pros:

-I totally understand the nonsensical form of humor that they were going for, and some things were pretty funny; like the guy who randomly goes around painting cars different colors. I guess I'm saying there are jokes. Yeah... jokes.

-The concept is pretty great, on paper.

-Steve Little (Stevie from Eastbound & Down) has a pretty funny role as a detective. I chuckled when he had his temper tantrum.

Cons:

-I saw Wrong a month ago, and I haven't written a review until now, because I had no idea what to say about it. I guess you can call it an achievement that this movie has completely dumbfounded me. I didn't hate it, and I certainly didn't love it. But I definitely watched it, that's for sure! I can't recall another movie that has left me with so little to say about it, as Wrong has. I simply watched it, and sat there blankly semi-amused as the film unfolded. I didn't outwardly laugh at very many of the jokes, but they weren't unpleasant either. It was as if the film gave me a sense of nothingness. I watched it, I got up, I ate dinner, and I moved on with my life as if I had never seen it. I guess it's a testament to the film's bizarre attitude that all I can talk about is how the film has given me nothing to talk about. Was that what it was going for?

Final Thoughts: It's definitely a movie.

6 out of 10

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]