FORUMS: list search recent posts

Eastertime viewing

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Suszko
Eastertime viewing
on Mar 29, 2013 at 2:46:37 pm

As a kid, ABC only ever played The Ten Commandments, and that's pretty much all we had to choose from. And that was okay for my Hebraic friends, it IS a great film you can't stop watching, but I always wanted something more "Easter-y"

Thanks to DVD's I have a routine list of films I now watch at his time of year. Jesus Christ, Superstar, The Last Temptation of Christ, Barabbas with Anthony Quinn, and Life Of Brian. Mel Gibson's The Passion of the Christ, I found to be full of rather powerful performances, but not something I care to watch a second time.

Anybody else watch something in particular every Easter time?

Return to posts index

Tom Sefton
Re: Eastertime viewing
on Mar 30, 2013 at 11:03:25 am

In England before the times of sky tv or cable, on a bank holiday weekend, the bbc, itv and channel 4 would give you Ten Commandments, Jason and the argonauts and bond films. Usually a roger Moore bond film where he isn't acting, just walking around in rooms saying things with no emotional involvement whatsoever. I'd quite like to watch Jason and the argonauts again.

Return to posts index

Jeff Breuer
Re: Eastertime viewing
on Apr 1, 2013 at 4:23:09 pm

Speaking of the 10 Commandments, have you ever seen this great gem of a mix on YouTube?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]