FORUMS: list search recent posts

Charade

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Smith
Charade
on Nov 23, 2009 at 4:04:58 pm

One of my favorite movies is Charade with Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn. The ending scene with the columns is fantastic. I recommend it to everyone. Unfortunately most non-film buffs won't give it a chance because it is "old". A reason I think a lot of films are being re-made. Just wanted to share that I love Charade and heard the re-make was really bad and never watched it. I also think it is to bad that people won't watch a film because of reasons like it is in black and white, subtitled, etc.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Charade
on Dec 7, 2009 at 7:36:38 pm

Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn are two of the most iconic movie stars ever, and they had terrific chemistry together in Charade. Check out Roman Holiday with Gregory Peck and Audrey Hepburn, another great example of good on-screen chemistry.

Old movies rock. It's raining here today in beautiful Southern California, and there's nothing better to do on days like this than turning on TCM or AMC and watching B&W classics. I watched The Grapes of Wrath a few nights back, and had forgotten how wonderful that film really is. Henry Fonda was perfectly cast, and that film also has a slew of incredible character actors as long as your arm.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Dec 8, 2009 at 4:58:48 pm

David,
Looks like your rain became my snow. I love the snow, it really makes this feel like Christmas time.

Roman Holiday is a fantastic movie. The DVD I have of it has some really cool special features. Funny comments on when Gregory Peck sticks his hand in that rock.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

Scott Sheriff
on Oct 18, 2010 at 10:43:27 pm

If you like Charade, be sure to check out 'How to Steal a Million'.
Audrey Hepburn, Peter O'Toole, directed by William Wyler.
More on the comedy side of the heist film genre.

Scott Sheriff
Director
SST Digital Media
http://www.sstdigitalmedia.com

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Oct 18, 2010 at 10:57:44 pm

Thanks Scott, How to Steal a Million is another movie in my DVD collection. It is a great idea that has been done over and over.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]