Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
Re: Top 10 Jackie Chan Stunts
on Jan 19, 2013 at 3:34:24 pm

Holy mole! (And indeed, what can be more holy than Oaxaca's mole negro?)

My wife was just listening while I was playing this and got freaked out. So few of his movies came to the US that it's almost inconceivable to imagine what he's done, and for how long. Over 110 of 'em!

Remarkably enough, most people in the US never saw him until after he was 40! He was 41 for Rumble In The Bronx, the first of his Hong Kong films to break through in the US (relatively speaking that is: $16m), and 44 for his first major American movie, Rush Hour!

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jan 21, 2013 at 2:52:10 pm

Isn't that crazy. I new Jackie Chan got hurt but not like that.

Interesting point about his age. I have even more respect for the guy. Unbelievable some of the stuff he does.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Kylee Peña
on Jan 21, 2013 at 5:47:24 pm

Wow, that was way more intense than I thought it would be. I've only seen one of those stunts before (and I think it was on Mythbusters) so I really wasn't aware of his level of commitment.

Crazy and awesome.

blog: kyleesportfolio.com/blog
twitter: @kyl33t
demo: kyleewall.com

Return to posts index

Jonas Marsh
on Jan 22, 2013 at 1:31:17 am

Jackie Chan is one of my favorite actors. Best stunt would have to be Drunken Master 2. Jumping on top of hot coal isn't good for your health.

Life as we know it is full of surprises. Better to color your world with art.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jan 22, 2013 at 8:09:15 pm

For me, the real genius is in his smaller but creative improvisational stunts with props like the ladder; it is like really well done close-up hand magic, versus stage illusions. And it is more creative than say a fall gag is. When he's doing the ladder gag, or bouncing on furniture, he's up there with Buster Keaton, Astaire, Chaplin and Gene Kelley in terms of movement, IMO.

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
on Jan 25, 2013 at 12:53:39 am

In an alternate universe, Jackie Chan would have made a great player in Six Flags Great America's Batman stunt show. Listen, I like that stunt show, don't judge me!

But that's an awesome video, with some insightful commentary. Much like Jonas, I'm a big fan of Drunken Master 2.

On a completely random note: if I was a billionaire, I'd meticulously recreate the Family Double Dare set from the 90s, and pay Jackie Chan vast sums of money to burn through the course for my amusement. I'd also pay Mark Summers handsomely to narrate the whole thing. For hours. For days. Just running through the course over and over again. Yes, these are the kind of things that will happen in my creepy rich guy mansion if I win the lottery.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jan 29, 2013 at 4:38:31 pm

Actually having Jackie Chan go through the Family Double Dare set sounds insanely cool! I mean, really cool. I love the idea. Weird Al was on Double Dare. I only caught the end and when the credits rolled he rain and jumped into the big pizza and just made a big mess. It was funny.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]