FORUMS: list search recent posts

Most-Anticipated 2013 Releases

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Smith
Most-Anticipated 2013 Releases
on Jan 3, 2013 at 4:49:41 pm

A list of 20 most anticipated films in 2013 has been created. Not sure why Star Trek is #7 and Marvel is at the bottom but there are some movies on the list that I have not heard about and sound good. Take a look:

http://www.imdb.com/list/6UyR1eTkyG8/#1

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
Re: Most-Anticipated 2013 Releases
on Jan 3, 2013 at 5:21:17 pm

I think the list is arranged by release date, hence the strange ordering.

I've seen the trailer for Beautiful Creatures and it looks downright terrible. I've seen the trailer for The Heat as well, but that actually looks kind of funny. I've never heard of White House Down, but that sounds like an awful idea. The rest seem pretty good, though.

BUT they left out several big movies for whatever reason:

The Wolf of Wall Street - Martin Scorsese and Leonardo DiCaprio team up for the ?th time in something that will probably be awesome.

Gravity - Sci-fi film from the director of Children of Men (Alfonso Cauron) that apparently has a ton of scale. I think it has George Clooney and Sandra Bulluck as well.

Iron Man 3 - Surprised this got left off the list but Thor 2 made it...

The Wolverine - Can't possibly be worse than X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

Monsters University - Pixer should rebound after the disappointment that was Brave.

Kick-Ass 2 - I'm a huge fan of both the first movie and the second comic book. So pumped for this. And it has Jim Carrey in a (big) supporting role!

The Evil Dead - Don't often get excited for remakes, but this one looks legit creepy.

This is the End - Seth Rogen, Jay Buruchel, Jonah Hill, Danny McBride, Craig Robinson, and James Franco all play themselves in an end of the world comedy. They released a clip a couple weeks ago from it, it's on youtube, it's hilarious.

Pacific Rim - We already talked about it earlier in this forum. It looks dumb but also extremely fun.

Gangster Squad - Comes out next weekend, look pretty good!

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jan 3, 2013 at 5:28:34 pm

I really loved the last Die Hard. A Good Day to Die Hard (Die Hard 15) is coming out on Valentines Day. I'm assuming the target audience is guys who don't have a date on the day? Anyways, does the non-summer release date mean that the studio thinks it is not good? Tim, I'm looking for your vast knowledge on this one.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Kylee Peña
on Jan 4, 2013 at 2:02:10 am

Really looking forward to The Great Gatsby, The World's End and Elysium, cautiously optimistic for Much Ado About Nothing, obligatorily (is that a word?) looking forward to Catching Fire and The Hobbit, stupidly excited for Anchorman and This is The End.

But the film I'm most looking forward to right now is Upstream Color, which isn't on that list.

blog: kyleesportfolio.com/blog
twitter: @kyl33t
demo: kyleewall.com

Return to posts index

Jonas Marsh
on Jan 8, 2013 at 1:23:48 am

I'm kind of surprised that The Man Of Steel isn't on their list. Not a big DC fan but you gotta give props to this movie. It has quality written all over it.

But judging their list its not that much enticing on my part. They don't even have Iron Man 3 on it as well.

Life as we know it is full of surprises. Better to color your world with art.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jan 8, 2013 at 3:58:58 pm

Yes, The Man of Steel and Iron man should be on the list. Who posted this rubbish list in the forum:-) I would like to add Fast and Furious 6 and The Lonerager especially since part of it was filmed in Utah.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Jeff Breuer
on Jan 8, 2013 at 7:34:30 pm

I agree with what a lot of you have said. Although I usually find during the year that the films I look forward to all year usually end up disappointing me. It's usually the movies that I don't see coming that end up being terrific. So hopefully I am not setting myself up by sharing my list.

In no particular order:
-Lone Ranger
-Great Gatsby
-The Heat
-Star Trek
-Iron Man/Thor
-Oz: The Great And Powerful
-A Good Day to Die Hard
-Bullet to the Head
-World War Z
-The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
-Jurassic Park 3D (3D or not, I wanna see it in a big full house)

But mostly I'm looking forward the Season 4 of Arrested Development on Netflix.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]