FORUMS: list search recent posts

Star Trek Into Darkness

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Smith
Star Trek Into Darkness
on Dec 6, 2012 at 8:08:01 pm

The Star Trek Into Darkness teaser trailer is out and it looks AWESOME!

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Jonas Marsh
Re: Star Trek Into Darkness
on Dec 7, 2012 at 6:10:59 am

This would be Spock's time to shine. I've read a couple of rumors saying that Spock takes the limelight in this movie.

Life as we know it is full of surprises. Better to color your world with art.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Dec 9, 2012 at 7:04:06 am

Since these movies take place in an alternate timeline, there is less established "canon" to go by, the rumor mills think this is going to be a rehash of the "Khan" story line or it could be Lord Garth from the TOS Episode: "Whom the Gods Would Destroy..." But I think the best bet is that it's a remake of the TOS episode "Where No Man Has Gone Before". That episode starred a young Blyth Danner and Gary Lockwood. In it, the Enterprise examines an energy barrier at the edge of the galaxy, the shock of hitting it nearly destroys the ship but turns Kirk's good friend into a being with psionic powers that keep building until he's god-like, with an ego to match. Kirk tries to maroon him on a dead planet to protect the Federation from what he's become. It goes badly after that.

You will be able to see the first nine or so minutes of the movie in the previews when you go to see The Hobbit. Because of course Trekkers and Middle-Earth fans have so much in common:-)

Return to posts index

Jonas Marsh
on Dec 10, 2012 at 8:51:40 am

I will watch it again to see if it is what it is. Nonetheless, I am still going to watch Star Trek. Big fan right here.

Life as we know it is full of surprises. Better to color your world with art.

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Dec 10, 2012 at 3:51:20 pm

[Jonas Marsh] "Nonetheless, I am still going to watch Star Trek. Big fan right here."

Me too, and I really truly hate that trailer. Overly dark, humorless, and generally the exact opposite of everything I liked about the first one, or what I want from Star Trek at all. Leave the ponderous crap to Lucas. This already has the stench of a movie that's a half hour too long.

Jeez, what if this is the Star Trek made by the morons responsible for the last season of Lost, rather than the geniuses responsible for the first five?

I'll still be there for the midnight preview, but I ain't as happy about it as I was before I saw the trailer.

Tim Wilson
Vice President, Editor-in-Chief
Creative COW

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Dec 10, 2012 at 4:33:03 pm

Jeez, what if this is the Star Trek made by the morons responsible for the last season of Lost, rather than the geniuses responsible for the first five?

I see what you did there. You read the credits already.

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Dec 16, 2012 at 9:57:21 pm

I think this looks very generic kind of like Star Trek Insurrection which I have seen and cannot remember at all. Nemesis was also kind of forgettable. I'm sure more will be revealed in the longer trailer.
Mike Cohen

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Dec 16, 2012 at 10:01:52 pm

[Mike Cohen] "kind of like Star Trek Insurrection which I have seen and cannot remember at all. "

I actually own The Undiscovered Country. Bought it on Laserdisk (!!!) the day it came out. Have watched it in many times, in many formats, and still, the only thing I can remember is Christopher Plummer as a Klingon howling, "Cry HAVOCCCC!!! And let slip the dogs of war!"

Frankly, that's all that any movie needs in order to kick ass...which is good, because other than a running gag about the great Klingon bard Shakespeare, I really can't remember a single plot point. The five seconds of this clip starting at :29 are all anyone really needs.

(He looks like he's about to yell "KHAAAANNNN!!!")

Tim Wilson
Vice President, Editor-in-Chief
Creative COW

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Dec 17, 2012 at 12:44:26 am

"Nemesis".
(spits on floor)

That was worse than ST five, the one Shatner directed.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]