FORUMS: list search recent posts

In the Loop, "Hated it."

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Poisson
In the Loop, "Hated it."
on Oct 17, 2009 at 3:52:39 pm

What a waste of an otherwise great Friday night, we had an awesome Mexican dinner on Mill, and then went to the Valley Art (Tempe) to see the movie. I don't remember feeling so trapped for two hours, it was worse than child labor.

Some of the camera work was brilliant, and beautiful, but the actors were so far over the top, so far beyond reality, that for a movie that seemed to be trying to be so real, I just couldn't get it. If it was supposed to be funny, then I didn't get that either. I like to go to movies to be entertained, not squirm in my seat for two hours.

Hated it!

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: In the Loop, "Hated it."
on Oct 20, 2009 at 10:14:10 pm

It has been a long time since I saw a movie that I really didn't like. But I have to say "There Will be Blood" is that film for me. However nuanced the performances were, the plot and the deliberate pacing made me want to gnaw my leg off to escape.

And I've also seen "Spice World"

(Thankfully, only on TV.)

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Oct 21, 2009 at 12:28:07 am

Mark,

I also detested "There Will be Blood".

As good as Daniel Day Lewis is, or is supposed to be, his performances in both "There Will be Blood" and "Gangs of New York" were markedly similar and annoying.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Chris Poisson
on Oct 21, 2009 at 2:15:59 pm

Hey Mark,

This is REALLY weird, on the way home from the movie we were talking about other movies we hated and "There Will be Blood" was the first one Dianne mentioned, But I actually liked that movie, especially the bowling scene, which I'm sure DRW also liked. Cause he laughs at violent scenes.

Return to posts index

Chris Poisson
on Oct 21, 2009 at 2:22:24 pm

To counter you two opinionated and very astute critics, the other thing I liked about "There Will be Blood" is I thought it was a really good depiction of what that whole oil thing was about, I wasn't even born yet when all that happened, so the historical value was significant, and I thought accurate.

Plus the bowling scene was fantastic.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]