FORUMS: list search recent posts

Star Wars - Happy Life Day everyone!

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Smith
Star Wars - Happy Life Day everyone!
on Nov 19, 2012 at 6:56:51 pm

Warning: This post will make you no longer hate the Star Wars Blu-rays that have changes from the original :-)

For those lucky enough to not know about the Star Wars Holiday Special here is the beginning of it:

This was a 1978 American TV special. Hans and Chewbaca are trying to get home so Chewy can celebrate Life Day with his family. They then cut to chewy's family (three bags of carpet) who are waiting for Chewbaca to come home. Since you can't understand what they are saying this feels like an eternity. Plus their house looks like the Brady Bunche's home. It would make a good Mystery Science Theater. This is hard to watch so best of luck and happy Life Day everyone!

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
Re: Star Wars - Happy Life Day everyone!
on Nov 26, 2012 at 3:27:29 pm

I am lucky enough to have seen this when it was originally broadcast.
On the plus side they did use some cut scenes from the movie.
On the negative side...everything else about it.

Note that after Jedi they tried again and came up with the Ewok Adventure. While not holiday themed it aired during the holiday season of 1983 or 84 - it was better but of course it was still about Ewoks.

Then they had Battle for Endor starring Wilford Brimley and two adorable human children, along with Wicket portrayed by Warwick Davis. This was around 1986 and was the closest thing we would get to a full length SW movie for another 13 years.

Perhaps the best SW Holiday themes were the Lucasfilm holiday cards.
http://www.starwars.com/news/2011_lucasfilm_holiday_card_checklist.html

Happy Life Day to all, and to all a good Wookie.

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Nov 26, 2012 at 3:41:24 pm

Speaking of Warwick Davis, he did a hilariously offensive BBC series with Ricky Gervais, Life's Too Short, playing a fictionalized version of himself as a really, really awful guy. Fans of The Office or Extras should definitely check it out on principle, but pretty much anyone who's deep enough into Star Wars, Willow, or Harry Potter to know Warwick Davis's name at all should check it out.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Nov 26, 2012 at 3:49:47 pm

I love those cards! Yes, I remember those two Ewok movies.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Jonas Marsh
on Nov 29, 2012 at 1:44:50 am

I'm quite ecstatic about the new Star Wars Trilogy they are going to make. Hopefully it won't be a disappointment.

Life as we know it is full of surprises. Better to color your world with art.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]