FORUMS: list search recent posts

Translate this paragraph

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Louis
Translate this paragraph
on Oct 10, 2009 at 2:07:21 pm

Jane is a fake person but she has to do with this story i typed up, im trying to translate this paragraph tho into something that could be understood by someone who is not trained in film history. could anyone help me with translating this paragraph? thank you

Jane has been forced to enter into a block booking arrangement with a two-thirds vertically integrated studio-factory company. Jane is not entirely happy with the arrangement because of the implications of block booking, which ensure that a company's entire output of films can achieve distribution/exhibition--not just the limited number of "high box-office appeal" films. On the other hand, at least she can count on a certain reliability of quality and a steady supply for her programs due not only to the film company's use of continuity scripts, but also the film company's assets: an extensive backlot, dark studios using effects lighting, and expert practitioners in several departments

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
Re: Translate this paragraph
on Oct 10, 2009 at 7:34:12 pm

hmm, sounds like legal gobbledygook from a contract, or an effort to get help with a class assignment. Next customer..

Return to posts index

Richard Herd
Re: Translate this paragraph
on Oct 10, 2009 at 8:17:28 pm

Not sure exactly what you're after, but I don't see any technical jargon that is beyond the mainstream. Now, if you started talking about mise en scene, Cohen might implode.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]