FORUMS: list search recent posts

Worlds best t-shirts

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Smith
Worlds best t-shirts
on Oct 2, 2012 at 3:53:26 pm

Okay, so this is a little off topic.

I saw the coolest t-shirt the other day...only to find out that they no longer make it. I'm so sad!

Star Wars and Calvin and Hobbes, I love it!

I also just missed this C47 shirt and found out that they will never sell that one again either. I guess it is not my lucky day.

You get to feel like an elitist when you have that shirt on since most won't understand.

Here are some more fun ones:

and this is not a t-shirt but still funny:

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Worlds best t-shirts
on Oct 2, 2012 at 7:57:34 pm

I used to have a fave t-shirt, grey, with black silk screening of Robby the Robot from Forbidden Planet and the Maria robot from "Metropolis" in a tight embrace, with the legend: "Forbidden Love" done in the same font as the lobby card art of Forbidden Planet. It was very classy-looking, despite my description here. Have never found it again, probably because the keyword searching on google would be rather... delicate.

If you weren't such a goody-two-shoes, Mike, you could make those lost shirts at home with photoshop and those heat-activated color t-shirt print kits for your inkjet printer. Just sayin'. I know its not quite the same.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Oct 3, 2012 at 2:23:14 am

FOUND it!

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
on Oct 3, 2012 at 2:23:39 pm

Awwww yeah! This is actually a subject I'm pretty into. I have a mild addiction to those shirt-a-day websites, and usually pick up a couple shirts a month (for around $8 to $12 a shirt. Not bad).

If you want a good resource for shirt-a-day sites, check out http://www.teemagnet.com, it has 8 shirt sites on the home page that keep getting updated when they get new designs. Teefury, Shirtwoot, and RIPT Apparel usually have the most pop culture designs. Right now when I went there, I see original shirt designs for Doctor Who, The Walking Dead, Toy Story, Silence of the Lambs, and Indiana Jones. I just have Tee Magnet bookmarked, and I check it every day before I go to sleep.

When I saw this thread I snapped a few pictures this morning. Here's some of my favorite movie designs that I've bought. Please ignore the wrinkles...

Ripley from Aliens with a Super Soaker 50

Star Wars Tusken Raiders (Oakland Raiders Spoof)

E.T. doing bike stunts

Dark Knight Rises as an old school Nintendo game

Ghostbusters / Toastbusters

Star Wars Pop Up Box

Star Wars / Full Metal Jacket crossover

Team Zissou crosses the Delaware

Caddyshack

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Oct 3, 2012 at 7:55:06 pm

Love the t-shirts!

[Mark]
If you weren't such a goody-two-shoes, Mike, you could make those lost shirts at home with photoshop and those heat-activated color t-shirt print kits for your inkjet printer. Just sayin'. I know its not quite the same.

I feel if I'm willing to purchase something but they are not willing to sell it to me then there is nothing wrong with re-creating it. However, as you said, it's not the same and a lot of work. As I write I'm wiping tears from my eyes with a t-shirt that doesn't have Calvin and Hobbes on it.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Oct 3, 2012 at 8:25:16 pm

My issue is that my t-shirt size is "extra-medium", and the really cool designs often won't fit me after one washing, in the sizes they have.

There are folks on etsy and the like who will turn your cool old t-shirts into quilts or frame the shirt into a poster, so you can still show them off in a different way. I used to own dozens of graphic tees from concerts and conventions and etc. but as I aged I found fewer and fewer places where they were a contextual good fit - no suitable occasions to wear them outside of the home.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]