FORUMS: list search recent posts

Clint Eastwood

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Cohen
Clint Eastwood
on Aug 31, 2012 at 4:10:47 pm

The guy did a weird thing at the GOP Convention.

In my opinion he made himself look like sort of a tool.

New internet meme: uploading a photo of an empty chair is now called "Eastwooding."

I still think he is a badass actor and director and we shouldn't let this little incident tarnish his reputation, but it was an odd move.

Thoughts? Try to keep the politics to a minimum.

M.Cohen

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
Re: Clint Eastwood
on Sep 2, 2012 at 3:48:28 pm

Whether by coincidence or not, HDNet is running a Clint Eastwood marathon. I watched Dirty Harry in full HD widescreen and it was magical. Having been to San Fran many times and walked the streets I was curious as to where they filmed the movie. Luckily the internet has provided the answer:

http://dirtyharryfilminglocations.wordpress.com/

Fascinating.

Mike Cohen

Return to posts index

Lisa Talley
on Sep 4, 2012 at 12:45:00 am

I'll agree, it was pretty weird. However, the republicans seemed like they just ate it up... so at least he accomplished his goal, regardless how tasteless some of his remarks may have been.

I'll also agree that, in spite of this little stunt, he's still a man to be feared/respected in front of and behind the camera. He's a beast in Hollywood and I'll always admire his talents... just not so much in regards to his political stance.

Lisa Talley
Sacramento Video Production

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Sep 4, 2012 at 3:43:00 am

[Lisa Talley] "He's a beast in Hollywood and I'll always admire his talents... just not so much in regards to his political stance."

I'm also not going to let him move the furniture around my house.

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
on Sep 4, 2012 at 3:11:13 pm

Here's a nice collection of Twitter reactions and memes about EASTWOOD VS. THE CHAIR:

http://www.uproxx.com/webculture/2012/08/clint-eastwood-speech-memes-twitte...

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Sep 5, 2012 at 1:58:03 am

I try to not learn much about the real life and politics of actors I like, for fear of disappointments.

With directors, knowing their politics may give additional insight to their work.

I thought purely as a comedy gag, the timing and delivery were weak. Eastwood of course had another thing in common with Reagan in that they both at times in their careers worked with simians as co-stars.

But whatever. Clint is a national treasure, let him rant if he wants; its like when your slightly drunk uncle starts getting a little obnoxious at a yearly family gathering, you just kind of overlook it. Clint has a right to say what he wants, and if you don't agree with it, well, watch something else. I think back to the times int he past when actors or directors really took their careers in their hands if they made controversial or politically dangerous public statements. Remember Elia Kazan? Riefenstahl? Griffith?

Whether he's a sage or a coot, isn't it progress that he can say his mind and not fear reprisals? Of course, after his long and finished career, he has less to lose than an up-and-comer.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]