FORUMS: list search recent posts

The Bourne Legacy

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Smith
The Bourne Legacy
on Aug 13, 2012 at 2:48:17 pm

I enjoyed The Bourne Legacy film. Is it the best one...no. Should you see it in the theater if you liked the Bourne series...yes.

I liked how this film takes place while the third one is taking place. I thought the overlap was cool. I liked how they introduced a new character Aaron Cross instead of having someone else play Jason Bourne. Aaron Cross is an agent just like Bourne was. Because Jason Bourne brought attention to these programs they need to shut them down and get rid of anyone who knows about it.

Two things that everyone should know before they see it:
1. It takes around 40 minutes or so until action starts.
2. The ending is very abrupt. If felt like there was a 5 hour film and they cut it in half and The Bourne Legacy is the first half. It reminded me of the ending of the first Lord of the Rings.

The first part of the film with lots of dialogue and explaining how the program works was really cool...but for an action film you expect something big to open the film. I love the Bourne series so much that I found this interesting. But one of our local critics spent almost his whole column on how lame it was that all of the action is at the end of the film.

The action is fantastic once you get to it. The parts in Dr. Marta Shearing house was really cool. This film has some amazing jaw dropping action scenes.

The big problem with this film and I mean big problem is the ending is not well defined so I was surprised when the Extreme Ways by Moby song starts to play. Maybe I was caught off guard because the film only feels like its an hour long. But I really can't get into what I mean with out ruining the ending so I'm just going to leave it at this.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
Re: The Bourne Legacy
on Aug 13, 2012 at 4:58:35 pm

I'm looking forward to seeing this, I just didn't have enough time this weekend to see two movies, and I chose the comedy instead... Good to know to not expect action in the first half of the film. I'm a big enough fan of the first three Bourne movies that I'd probably also be into the dialogue as much as the action,. I was happy when I heard that they didn't just replace Matt Damon or completely reboot the series, but rather made Renner a new character in the same storyline. Kinda pumped to eventually see this!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]