FORUMS: list search recent posts

Nine was fine

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Suszko
Nine was fine
on Sep 30, 2009 at 8:44:17 pm

Saw the Tim Burton-Produced "9" last night. Lovely little film, not actually made by Burton but very much has his gothic emo stamp on it. The story is well told and the character animation is top notch. The level of detail is incredible, similar to what you saw in Wall-E.
Lots of high-dollar voice talent on it. Worth watching.

During the coming attractions saw a trailer for Fantastic Mr. Fox, which is all traditional stop-motion animation, in what looks to be a deliberately sloppy or crude style, where the fur is not always animated smoothly, and all the smoke and cloud effects aer from cotton balls... This one is a little weird, because it looks and sounds like a cross between The Wind In The Willows and Ocean's Twelve. And not just because the lead Fox is voiced by George Clooney. Check out the voice cast for this one on IMDB.com

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
Re: Nine was fine
on Sep 30, 2009 at 8:55:23 pm

there is a cool behind the scenes video about Mr Fox on Quicktime's movie trailers site. The writer actually moved in with Roald Dahl's widow to get a sense of the setting and characters, and modeled the miniature sets after Dahl's own house. Now that's research.
Nice to see that claymation has not died completely at the hands of digital animation.

I was wondering about 9 - it looks unusual.

Along the lines of post-apocalyptic kid's movies is City of Ember. I recently caught this on HBO. It was a movie that was generally unseen by the public, but it was not bad, despite some hokey acting and plot holes compared with the book.

Mike Cohen

Return to posts index

Chris Poisson
Re: Nine was fine
on Oct 2, 2009 at 8:56:51 pm

I agree Mike, 9 does look unusual, kinda in the way Beowulf was unusual, but different. I can't wait to see it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]