FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dark Knight Rises Extended Trailer - Spoiler Alert

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Cohen
Dark Knight Rises Extended Trailer - Spoiler Alert
on Jun 30, 2012 at 4:49:14 pm

Watch at your own risk. I felt a surge of adrenaline and am considering the Dark Knight Marathon at my local cineplex on July 19 leading up to a midnight premiere...let's see if I have a Starbucks at 2pm and an espresso chaser at 5pm I should be awake enough...

How could the Amazing Spidey go up against this?

I'll see that too.

M.Cohen

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
Re: Dark Knight Rises Extended Trailer - Spoiler Alert
on Jul 1, 2012 at 1:08:44 am

I really, really love midnight showings. with the right crowd they're like a sporting event, in a good way, a reminder of the fundamentally tribal nature of sitting in the dark listening to stories.

If you're my age, TAKE A NAP THAT AFTERNOON.

Buy tix from theaters that do reserved seating if you can. Otherwise, prepare to sit in crappy seats. people will be in line while you're napping.

And don't dilly-dally.Thousands of showings are already sold out.

Tim Wilson
Associate Publisher, Editor-in-Chief
Creative COW Magazine
Twitter: timdoubleyou

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jul 1, 2012 at 6:10:29 pm

Fandango seems to work very well for me; while my theater doesn't reserve specific seats, just getting the tix ahead of the long box office line, gets me to my favorite seat in plenty of time.

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Jul 1, 2012 at 6:45:32 pm

The lines at midnight shows typically aren't for ticket BUYERS. they're for ticket HOLDERS trying to get good seats. I don't think it'll be this bad, but the Harry Potter line at my local IMAX started at 2. They all had tickets. My wife and I got there at 9:30 and got the last 2 seats together, in the far upper corner, under the bright light of the exit sign. in fact, I didn't see a single ticket actually sold that night.

Your mileage may vary, but check fandango now. Seriously, thousands of shows are already sold out. Again, it probably won't be as bad as it was for Harry Potter, but 2 weeks I'm advance, we only found 1 theater in the city limits of LA with tickets left.

There's a reason why tix for Dark Knight are in sale already - roughly the same reason so many shows are sold out. This kind of thing isn't generally reported, but DK would have just made the top 5 this week.

don't blame me if you don't get a seat. LOL

Tim Wilson
Associate Publisher, Editor-in-Chief
Creative COW Magazine
Twitter: timdoubleyou

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
on Jul 3, 2012 at 8:53:05 pm

I don't have the enthusiasm to wait in line for 3+ hours (after already buying a ticket) just to get a good seat at a midnight Dark Knight Rises IMAX show. I purchased IMAX tickets for the next day, in the afternoon. I may not be first to see it, but I'll probably only have to wait 45 minutes for a good seat. And I won't be tired. Small conveniences, I guess...

I once got to an IMAX showing of Batman Begins about 5 minutes before it started, and there were only seats left in the front sections. So in other words, I was basically staring at nonsensical color patterns for two hours, and had no idea what I just saw. I went back to the theater the next day and saw it on a regular screen, and it looked like an actual movie, and I even got a seat where I could put my feet up on the railing. IMAX ain't worth it if you get a bad seat.

One final Batman/IMAX related note, to complete commenting on the whole trilogy... I remember for the Dark Knight (not rises), IMAX showings were sold out at the local theater on the THIRD weekend it was out. I remember I saw it on the 5th week of its release, one last time (4th total, I went a little Dark Knight crazy), in IMAX. It was *still* packed and the IMAX introducer lady (?) looked disturbed and said "this is the film that won't die..." It must have been a confusing time for teenage movie theater employees. :)

So I agree with Tim, get your tickets on Fandango right now! They probably won't be there much longer.

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Jul 13, 2012 at 11:22:24 pm

If you have not heard (ie, you are not a geek / you are not at Comic Con / you have a life) the Superman: Man of Steel trailer will be shown before the Dark Knight Rises (or in geek-speak "S:MoS B4 TDKR")

This could be the Superman movie that Bryan Singer's disaster was supposed to be. Maybe. Hope there are not too many speed ramp effects.

Time will tell.

M.Cohen

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Jul 19, 2012 at 6:08:36 pm

The Loew's near where I live has 10 midnight screenings tonight.
12:00
12:01
12:02
12:03
etc

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]