FORUMS: list search recent posts

John Blake

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Smith
John Blake
on Jun 8, 2012 at 3:37:27 pm

Watch the new The Dark Knight Rises trailer and it has Joseph Gordon-Levitt in it a lot. I looked him up on IMDB and his is John Blake. It says he helps Batman. Does that make him kind of like Robin?

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
Re: John Blake
on Jun 8, 2012 at 6:40:13 pm

I think he's just playing a cop. Based on the trailers, Batman looks downright exhausted from fighting Bane all the time, so I imagine he needs all the help he can get from anyone.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jun 8, 2012 at 6:49:29 pm

So he needs all the help he can get from anyone, except from this guy :-)

Works for me.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jun 8, 2012 at 8:35:59 pm

In the comics, when Bane snaps Batman's back and cripples him, a string of various other costumed vigilantes takes turns protecting Gotham and sometimes taking the role an costumed look of Batman for themselves. In the comics, after Wayne/Batman is healed, one of his first big challenges is taking back his turf from one of these "babysitters" who won't relenquish it, and also doesn't play by Bruce's non-killing rules.

If this is the last Batman movie for Nolan and the current batman, the franchise needs a strategy of replacements for him in much the same way. Maybe this character is the start of that.

I would really like to see the next Batman after this one set about fifty years into the future. Like the animated version. There was a Graphic Novel that did this and it was awesome, as digital avatars of the original Joker (a virus) and Batman continue to fight for Gotham's soul, thru younger surrogates.

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
on Jun 8, 2012 at 9:31:22 pm

They should just make Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns comic into a movie. Only don't let Frank Miller have anything to do with the filmmaking aspect of it. I'm looking at you, The Spirit.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]