FORUMS: list search recent posts

We Bought A Zoo

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Smith
We Bought A Zoo
on May 26, 2012 at 6:09:36 pm

I've never even heard of We Bought A Zoo until it was in the Red Box. I'm not sure if that is because they didn't market it well or most people thought it sucked. Its audience Rotten Tomatoe rating is 78%. Anyways, it was a cute family friendly film. Two words that I think Scott tries to avoid in a movie. But I'll still give Scott a reason to watch it...drinking game! If you drink every time you hear someone say "We Bought A Zoo" you will be plastered by the time the credits start.

The film is about Benjamin (Matt Damon) who has two kids and a wife who past away 6 months earlier. Every thing reminds him of his wife so he decides to move and make a change in his life. He finds the perfect home, except he finds out that it is part of a Zoo. He sees how much his daughter likes it and decides to buy a zoo without knowing anything about running a zoo. I thought the daughter did an amazing job acting by the way.

This film is worth a Red Box rental and has some really great music. I was also surprised to see lots of dramatic pauses and long transitions. It has somewhat of an "Artist" feel to it. That is not a bad thing, just doesn't seem to be very common these days with the in your face fast paced films.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Jeff Breuer
Re: We Bought A Zoo
on May 29, 2012 at 3:03:11 pm

I really liked the movie too. What did you think of the Apple product placement? I know every movie and TV show has people working on Apple macbooks now, but this movie really got to me. It's the scene where Matt Damon is looking through his photos (iphotos) and having this really emotional moment where the photos are sort-of coming to life for him again and BAM - there is the Apple logo with Matt Damon crying behind the computer screen. It's like, "This emotional moment and catalyst for character change has been brought to you by your good friends at the Apple Computer Company."

I know I'm cynical, but I thought that was funny.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]