FORUMS: list search recent posts

Inglorious Bastards

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Poisson
Inglorious Bastards
on Sep 1, 2009 at 4:14:10 pm

What did you think?

I thought Brad Pitt's neck scar was perfect throughout, while his Southern accent was spotty and fake. The bad guy German detective was brilliant, the strudel (or whatever that was) scene was just the best.

As usual, Tarentino came across with lots of visual surprises, the shooting scene in the projection room was amazing.

I thought the scalping was gross, and a cursory nod to the Indian heritage of BP, but really unnecessary.

A pretty unsettling movie, but entertaining and thought provoking. My dos pesos.

Have as good a day as you can.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Inglorious Bastards
on Sep 1, 2009 at 6:11:47 pm

I too saw IB over the weekend.

I thought Brad Pitt was at times over the top, very much the way he handled himself in BURN WITHOUT READING, and very similar in style to his buddy George Clooney, who often appears to emulate the late Clark Gable. Do they have the same acting coach?

The baseball bat scene was so f-ing over the top that was howling with laughter. Others in the theater stared at me like was a serial murderer. But, I know Quentin Tarantino was laughing, so I have no shame.

The German dude, Christoph Waltz, absolutely stole the show.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Chris Poisson
on Sep 1, 2009 at 6:18:04 pm

You thought the baseball bat scene was funny? You are one sick (inglorious) bastard!

Have as good a day as you can.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Sep 9, 2009 at 4:54:53 am

Pretty much on target, I thought:

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/next_tarantino_movie_an_homage_to

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Sep 9, 2009 at 5:25:31 am

[Mark Suszko] "Pretty much on target, I thought: "

But, does he really like Quentin Tarantino films?

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor
Los Angeles

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Aaron Leong
Re: Inglourious Bastards
on Sep 11, 2009 at 5:52:40 am

I caught Inglourious Basterds on opening night and have been wanting to get back to the theatre to watch it again. I too laughed out loud and felt a stare or two during that baseball bat scene. I knew it was coming but never stopped to think that Tarantino would actually show it, then again, its Tarantino and why wouldn't he?? So when I saw it... I laughed!

But enough about the baseball bat scene, how about scene #1. The film opens with a super multi-leveled scene that one could actually physically "cut the tension with a knife." The pipe was brilliant and perfectly timed.

Christoph Waltz = Oscar. Strudel = wanted some w/ cream. Mr. Waltz' delivery of lines was absolutely brilliant. Often times I caught myself wondering through his line delivery whether or not he "knew" and was just testing, or if he didn't know and coincidentally said something pertinent to "us" as the audience. Excellent.

~aaron

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Sep 11, 2009 at 6:12:16 am

[Aaron Leong] "The film opens with a super multi-leveled scene that one could actually physically "cut the tension with a knife."

Yes!!! It was very reminiscent in some ways of the scene between Chris Walken and Dennis Hopper in True Romance, only more advanced and more subtle.

You have good insight Aaron. Hope you share more with us here on this forum.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor
Los Angeles

Return to posts index

Aaron Leong
on Sep 11, 2009 at 7:23:22 am

Thank you Mr. Weiss. I've been reading these forums for years and this is the first time I saw this particular forum!!! I love it!!! To be able to speak your mind about whichever film you want, and not have to worry about people blasting you for it. Its soooo subjective anyway. Everyone has a different opinion about movies and we're all critics whether we want to admit it or not. Interesting to me to read what others thought on the films. Glad to have found it and looking to post more in the future.

A Reaber Dare Chee... HAHA!!... good times!!

cheers to future viewings!! =)

~aaron

Return to posts index

britney clark
on Nov 2, 2010 at 8:46:52 pm

Brad's accent was accented BUT he was born in Oklahoma, raised in Missouri and spent the past 5 years in New Orleans. Have you heard yourself, have you ever been picked on for your accent? I have and from someone MORE southern (according to my ears). If you are from Maynardville with a population of less than 2,000 and if you are from Indian decent and if you were in the military and if you were 30 in 1940 and if you are part Indian then you may judge a fake accent.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]