FORUMS: list search recent posts

Margin Call

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Suszko
Margin Call
on Mar 5, 2012 at 3:18:50 pm

A huge let-down: huge celebrity cast with nothing really to say. The dialogue is minimalist to a fault, and it seems like a movie consisting of nothing but pregnant pauses and pensive looks. You don;t get much insight into the characters at all. Very sexy photography, and yet you don't give a damn because nobody in the cast actually seems to have lost much of anything. They all walk out of the crisis they caused as millionaires, more or less, so it's hard to have empathy.

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
Re: Margin Call
on Mar 5, 2012 at 6:04:25 pm

I was actually looking forward to watching this one. It won a couple Independent Spirit Awards this year, including the Robert Altman Award. I'll probably still check it out at some point, but I imagine the plight of millionaires will also do little to inspire me.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Margin Call
on Mar 5, 2012 at 8:51:45 pm

It's just such a waste of so many big-name actors given nothing much to do or say. A superior viewing choice in this same general genre' might be "Boiler Room" starring Vin Diesel. Or the original "Wall Street" Can't comment on the sequel, as I have not yet rented it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]