FORUMS: list search recent posts

"My Name Is Alan and I Paint Pictures" Available On Netflix

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Johnny Boston
"My Name Is Alan and I Paint Pictures" Available On Netflix
on Aug 31, 2009 at 6:17:25 pm

The award-winning documentary, "My Name Is Alan and I Paint Pictures", about paranoid schizophrenic New York-based artist Alan Streets in now available for rent on Netflix. Be sure to add it to your queue and let me know what you think!

http://mynameisalan.com/

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
My Name is Mike and I Dislike Spam in my Forum.
on Aug 31, 2009 at 7:16:12 pm

So Johnny Boston, are you a Cow member promoting your good work, or did you simply join the Cow to use these popular forums for free marketing?

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
Re: My Name is Alan...
on Aug 31, 2009 at 7:21:23 pm

Perhaps that first response was a bit harsh - this is a Film forum after all and I certainly don't have any films on Netflix.

Tell us more about your experience.

Mike

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: "My Name Is Alan and I Paint Pictures" Available On Netflix
on Aug 31, 2009 at 7:35:26 pm

This looks interesting. Reminds me a little about an animated video done in 3d CGI about an artistic friend of the animator, who went thru something similar, but I'm blanking on the name. Had a really unique look as the sick friend's head was rendererd in 3-d but full of holes and gaps and warps.

Just by crazy (bad choice of words)coincidence, I watched a very cool DVD last night, a documentary on Frank Frazetta. Late in his life, he got a thyroid problem that crippled him up badly, but it was misdiagnosed as psychosomatic illness and they put him in the mental ward for a while, everyone thought he was crazy. Then he got out and got another diagnosis, got the thyroid treated, and went back to work. Later, he was hit by several strokes and lost fine motor skills in his right arm... so he re-trained his left arm and went back to work. Incredible story about an incredible artist, and a well-made doc. Though I hated the overly harsh high-key lighting in the interviews, the editing made up for it.

I hope this film helps Alan, it looks from the trailer at least to have all the parts of a good story in it.

Might also want to cross-post this topic in the indie/documentary forum.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]