FORUMS: list search recent posts

The Next Three Days

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Smith
The Next Three Days
on Jan 3, 2012 at 7:57:50 pm

The Next Three Days is on Netflix and I wish I would have watched something else. It is about a happy married couple and their son. The wife murdered or was accused of murdering her boss and will spend the rest of her life in prison. Russell Crowe's character delves into the dark underbelly of society to learn how to brake his wife out of prison. Because of this the movie is very depressing and makes you feel dirty. If you like dark depressing films this is for you. This film really brought me down and the other things I disliked about it I can't say because they will ruin the movie.

SPOILER
The part where Russell Crowe passes the Zoo so his wife tries to kill herself really bugged me. Her husband is doing the unthinkable and clearly loves her and she feels she can't ask him to turn around, instead she needs to just kill her self. That was really stupid.

Even with their family being free they will never truly be free. They will have a lifetime of watching their back and always wondering if someone is coming for them, not to mention their lives being interrupted. What a depressing film.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: The Next Three Days
on Jan 3, 2012 at 8:27:03 pm

I have nothing to say about this, sounds horrible, but wanted to point out that the Boys of Bonneville documentary Stephen worked on is on ATT U-verse's on-demand pay-per-view service this month, so, easy to see it.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Boys of Bonneville
on Jan 3, 2012 at 10:30:37 pm

Mark, thanks for the Boys of Bonneville plug. I think that film turned out amazing and is well worth everyones time to see. IMO It's a story like Man On Wire where your jaw drops and you say to yourself, "I can't believe this, what an amazing story." As seen from the Boys of Bonneville trailer this film is full of amazing footage. We were lucky, stuff like this is typically only captured on a hand full of still photos. But we had arial footage, views from under the cars and all sorts of cool camera angles. It has done great at festivals and had a well received one month run at the Megaplex theater chain. This was a lot of fun to work on.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
Re: Boys of Bonneville
on Jan 5, 2012 at 3:13:40 pm

I saw this post last night, and went On-Demand and rented Boys of Bonneville on Comcast. It was great! I found it really entertaining, much more so than the Anthony Hopkins movie that came out a few years ago on the similar subject matter (which I didn't really care for). It was pretty cool how it evolved from sort of strictly informational in the beginning to a very personal documentary about Ab in his later years reflecting with his son. And I really dug the POV last shot with the VO, great way to end it. I would definitely recommend this movie to people if they were interested in the subject. I didn't even mind that Jay Leno was in it all that much, and I hate Jay Leno! Nice Work.

Return to posts index

Jason Jenkins
on Jan 5, 2012 at 9:46:57 am

[Mark Suszko] "I have nothing to say about this, sounds horrible, but wanted to point out that the Boys of Bonneville documentary Stephen worked on is on ATT U-verse's on-demand pay-per-view service this month, so, easy to see it."

I bought the DVD and enjoyed watching it with the whole family. I highly recommend it!

Jason Jenkins
Flowmotion Media
Video production... with style!

Check out my Mormon.org profile.

Return to posts index

Jeff Breuer
on Jan 3, 2012 at 8:40:54 pm

I agree with everything you said Stephen. It is one of those movies that I would put my "movie critic" hat on and said it was a pretty well done movie. It had good arcs, acting, sense of conflict, felt gritty, etc. But it felt like a story for a popcorn movie that was pushed into a character story for Russel to win another Oscar.

I was also bummed that Liam Neison's roll was just a cameo. I was expecting him to have a bigger role.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jan 3, 2012 at 8:49:25 pm

Why is Neeson suddenly a Bruce Willis type action star in everything?

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Boys of Bonneville
on Sep 5, 2012 at 4:13:01 pm

I'm excited that Boys of Bonneville is now on Netflix: https://movies.netflix.com/movie/Boys_of.../70247982

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]