FORUMS: list search recent posts

New Dark Knight Rises Trailer

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Roberts
New Dark Knight Rises Trailer
on Dec 20, 2011 at 8:37:57 pm

I saw this trailer before both Mission Impossible and Sherlock Holmes on Saturday, then watched it again when it hit every movie site on the internet yesterday, then figured I'd put it up here on this forum in case someone still hasn't bothered to look at it yet.

My reaction to it: Looks pretty cool. Has a similar dark, realistic tone to the other two in the series. Bane looks pretty bad ass, and I'm happy he's not just a thug-like character, it seems like he's a complex criminal mastermind like The Joker was. This sort of relieves some doubts about Catwoman I had, it seems like a cool angle where she is going to try and steal and distribute/dissipate Bruce Wayne's fortune in some way (just an assumption based on the trailer).

The football field blowing up... cool in concept, but to be honest, wasn't that impressed with how it looked for some reason. But the movie doesn't come out for another half year so I'm hoping they polish that up a little bit. Plus, Hines Ward outrunning those other players... UNREALISTIC.

I've heard many compliants on the internet about Bane's voice, but I don't see what the big deal is. I could hear the line he delivers perfectly fine the first time I heard it, and every time after it. In my opinion, Michael Caine was harder to understand... :)

Overall: EXCITED!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MrzwIJQZX0k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen"></iframe>

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: New Dark Knight Rises Trailer
on Dec 21, 2011 at 4:40:00 pm

Is the crowd chanting: "This is Gotham, Gotham!" ? I can't make that out, but I can understand Bane.

In the comics, Bane is supposed to be well-educated as well as strong as Batman, able to deduce Bruce's cover in only a year, find the bat cave, grapple with Batman and break Batman's spine, paralyzing him. In the horrible Schumacher movie, Bane's reduced to a simpleton in a luchador mask. Gotta wonder where along that continuum Nolan's version sits.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Dec 21, 2011 at 8:03:13 pm

Adam West would never let Bane do such a thing. :-) I bet he had Bane repellant.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Dec 21, 2011 at 10:38:21 pm

Looks like fun. What's that flying Batmobile towards the end? Saw a set photo of it over the Summer - appears to be a fleet of Tumblers in play.
Best news of all - it's in 2D!!

FYI, the Hobbit trailer dropped today also.

2012 should be a great year at the theater.

Mike Cohen

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Dec 22, 2011 at 3:32:08 pm

I think I heard somewhere that when Bane disables batman in the batcave, he then loots it for B-man's tumbler and weapons. When B-man comes back into the fight later, it's with his own revised tumbler, the shot may be showing it at the end of a long jump, or it may have VTOL jets or it may be air-dropped, have to wait until the movie to tell.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]