FORUMS: list search recent posts

The Spielberg Face

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Roberts
The Spielberg Face
on Dec 14, 2011 at 3:51:39 pm

Here's a good video about the classic close-up face shot that Spielberg uses in literally every movie he's ever made.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/VS5W4RxGv4s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen"></iframe>

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
Re: The Spielberg Face
on Dec 14, 2011 at 4:14:20 pm

That's great - I've noticed this over the years, most especially in Close Encounters and JAWS (I watch the last 20 minutes of Close Encounters every couple of months so I'm a fan of the push in on the Spielberg face).

There is a cover story about him in EW last week. Basically he is asked a question or two about most of his movies in chronological order.

A few interesting anecdotes:

He wrapped photography on Jurassic Park then went off to Poland to shoot Schindler's List. He'd come home from shooting horrible Holocaust scenes then have to watch CG dinosaurs from ILM - he said it was very difficult.

He says he is not thrilled with Hook - neither were most of us - although he should have a look at "Neverland" which just aired on SciFi - he'll like Hook a whole lot better.
_____

On this forum we all seem to have a reverence of Spielberg, yet we also criticize some of his decisions - that's life and that's what this forum is for.

Mike Cohen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]