FORUMS: list search recent posts

ABC is Stupid

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Roberts
ABC is Stupid
on Nov 29, 2011 at 9:50:25 pm

Here's a promo for a new show debuting on ABC. Apparently my calendar is incorrect, and it's actually November 29th, 1983.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/feJiqtok-HA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen"></iframe>

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
Re: ABC is Stupid
on Nov 29, 2011 at 10:34:22 pm

How is this not Bosom Buddies?

How is it that networks with gobs and gobs of money to spend can only come up with drivel?

Is there a market for drivel? Based upon the cancellation of Pan Am and Playboy Club, I can say that drivel is not in fact in demand. And Pan Am was a non-cheap dose of drivel to produce.

Coming soon, CBS is Stupid.

I watch AMC, HBO and Showtime.

Mike Cohen

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Nov 30, 2011 at 3:12:15 pm

Obviously, someone has compromising pictures of an ABC programming executive stashed away.

The only way this show flies in 2012 is to play the drag queen thing "straight". That is, the day to day trials and tribulations of a man who wants to live his life in drag, everywhere. In a mundane job, at PTA meetings, the bank, wherever. Not flamboyant Vegas drag, except on the weekends or the night job at th Club - but a guy that dresses in conservative woman's wear, what other women would wear in the daytime for jobs and stuff. How the world reacts and relates to them, what interpersonal relationships are like with their friends and neighbors, etc. - That could be ground-breaking, even as a sitcom.

Dibs on playing the "wacky neighbor" part.:-)

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Nov 30, 2011 at 3:15:11 pm

from the preview it looks like we have two guys who could only get hired if they were women - I doubt the networks are brave enough to do what Mark suggests. Showtime perhaps.

Mike

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
on Nov 30, 2011 at 7:32:09 pm

Did you ever see Transamerica? I didn't love that movie, but it was really interesting, and a serious take on a subject like this. This ABC show, however... It's almost insulting how stupid it is. For any character on that show to look at those dudes, and think they are actually women... The show should just be called "Suspension of Disbelief!" But, then again: dems R sum bigg wurdz fer da targut audeeints...

Work It!

[Mike Cohen] "Coming soon, CBS is Stupid."

Is that The Big Bang Theory channel? It is? yeah... then CBS is stupid...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]