FORUMS: list search recent posts

American Horror Story

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Cohen
American Horror Story
on Oct 23, 2011 at 5:32:00 pm

We rarely watch FX but this new show from the creators of Nip-Tuck is something special. The show follows a present day family who unknowingly moves into a house with a seriously horrible history of murder, and they meet their creepy neighbors and formerly living residents. I don't know how anyone could see this house and not immediately assume it is haunted, but as we know people in tv and movies are not aware of such things!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-9Th4rrVRyUE/TpcC48RKLyI/AAAAAAAAGsw/chZOjDE6m2U/s...

The show goes back to what used to make horror horrific - creepiness, mystery and just enough blood and gore to catch you off guard, but not so much graphic nastiness as current day gross-out movies (not that I have seen Saw or anything like it - we generally don't go for horror because I don't like having nightmares).

Without giving anything away, Jessica Lange steals the show as a creepy sneaky lying murderous neighbor. Frances Conroy plays a maid who looks different to different characters and the rest of the cast is along for the ride.

Check it out. They've made 13 episodes and this one could go on for a while if audiences stay with it and censors stay away.

Mike Cohen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]