FORUMS: list search recent posts

Get your own personal stocker this Halloween in "Take This Lollipop"

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Breuer
Get your own personal stocker this Halloween in "Take This Lollipop"
on Oct 19, 2011 at 3:43:34 pm

This short video has been going big online and is getting write ups in The NY Times, Forbes, etc. (see below). Made by the "Elf Yourself" guy, when you go to the film's website (http://www.takethislollipop.com/) you click and allow it to connect to your Facebook account and are treated with a personalized video of a creepy guy going through your personal information on Facebook and ends with him coming to pay you a visit.

Creepy, right? I'm sure it could be used as a decent advocacy message to tell people to be careful with their personal information online. But what really interests me is the doors this could open to make a movie soley to be viewed online that uses your personal information to customize the movie to you. There are a lot of interesting shapes that could take.

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/10/18/mysterious-site-creates-a-horror-m...

Return to posts index

Jeff Breuer
Re: Get your own personal stocker this Halloween in "Take This Lollipop"
on Oct 19, 2011 at 3:44:42 pm

If you want to see the video without giving your Facebook info, a version can be seen here:

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
Re: Get your own personal stocker this Halloween in "Take This Lollipop"
on Oct 19, 2011 at 6:50:06 pm

Haha, that reminds me of those bizarre anti-meth ads from Montana from a couple years back:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WPIRnecqn6U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen"></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/nOQzdWwL_Rk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen"></iframe>

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]