FORUMS: list search recent posts

The Thing (2011)

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Roberts
The Thing (2011)
on Oct 17, 2011 at 2:17:51 pm

Pros:

-They kept annoying characters to a minimum.

-Surprisingly high death count.

-Mary Elizabeth Winstead be lookin fine.

-The 2nd act is really good.

Cons:

-Drags in the 3rd act.

-I have no problem with the grossness of it, but the alien mutation effects looked more like Silent Hill crap than cool, inventive effects stuff.

-No blood test scene, and their equivalent of it is only *kind of* tense.

-You can see the ending coming from a mile away.

Final Thoughts: Left the theater thinking "Eh... Whatever... I'm going to go get some chicken wings..". It did nothing to improve on the previous versions, and it just comes across as unnecessary. I wanted to like it, because I haven’t seen a good horror movie in a while and I like the ’82 version. If you see it, stay during the credits, there are scenes that play during them that link it to the ’82 version, actually making this one a prequel. I suppose that’s supposed to justify it more, because it’s not actually a remake, but still, kinda not impressed at all with this movie. There is a 25 minute period in the 2nd act that had me really entertained; but the beginning is slow, and the ending drags on.

5 out of 10

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/UKjErC2JLQc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen"></iframe>

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: The Thing (2011)
on Oct 17, 2011 at 3:22:34 pm

Iop9's website had a link recently to a short story based on the Thing's own POV experience of these two films, look it up, it's pretty good.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]