FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pre-Selected Seating

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Roberts
Pre-Selected Seating
on Oct 14, 2011 at 7:13:26 pm

Here's an argument some guy has made that all movie theaters should have pre-selected seating, similar to, like, ANY other event you'd buy a ticket to. And you know what, I completely agree with this guy. And I think it's hard to make an argument against it. Go ahead and try?

http://moviereviewstogo.com/2011/10/5-reasons-every-theatre-should-have-pre...

I've been to a fancy pre-selected seating movie theater a couple times (I don't go that often because it's far away), and I will say it's nice to be able to buy your ticket whenever, then do whatever you want freely until you casually stroll into the theater 2 minutes before it starts and not have to worry about where to sit.

One thing he didn't think of as a benefit, is what if you get to the theater, have an awesome seat, then have to use the bathroom during the trailers (why did you have to drink that Dr. Pepper in your car on the way there?! Why?!)? Some late arriver can gank your seat while you're using the toilet! Not with pre-selected seating, though!

To me, this seems like not so much an argument, but more of a huge glaring observation on the system. It's a really simple solution to a lot of theater annoyance.

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
Re: Pre-Selected Seating
on Oct 14, 2011 at 7:21:26 pm

I forget the name of the theater, it was in Boca Raton, FL. They have two levels. In the balcony, they have sets of two recliner-like seats and you can actually order food from your seats. We went there to see Hannibal. I don't recall what we ate, but I believe fava beans were involved.

When we went to a James Bond movie in London years ago it was in a massive theater with assigned seating.

I think it's a good idea.

Mike Cohen

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Oct 14, 2011 at 8:44:11 pm

I assign my seat by getting there early. I rarely eat or drink, and I go potty like a grown-up before I get into my seat. It is rare that I don't get exactly the seat I want.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Oct 14, 2011 at 9:33:27 pm

The Megaplex Theaters in Utah started doing Pre-selected seating years ago amongst other cool ideas that I can't live with out. Their theaters are awesome and big! A matter of fact, they break all sorts of records on most screenings for movies. For "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" the Megaplex 17 at Jordan Commons in Sandy, Utah was number one in the nation for sales rankings. Their 4 other theaters (at the time) in Utah where ranked #2, #4, #7 & #15 in the Nation. My point is, Utah resident's love movies and the theater always seems to be crowded here. They also ranked number one and two in the nation for each Twilight film. Here is an article: http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700044433/Utah-theaters-have-top-attenda... I could go on but I think I made my point. You will never get a good seat if you show up a few minutes before the movie starts....unless you have pre-selected seating.

My family used to get to the theater 45 minutes early to get the perfect middle row and depending on the movie sometimes you would need to show up even earlier, and I'm talking first showing Saturday morning which is the least crowded. Now we walk in a few minutes before the movie starts and I love it. Pre-selected seating is the best.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Oct 14, 2011 at 10:21:36 pm

I must add that when a noisy family sits right behind me before the movie starts, I wait until the previews start, then I noisily stand up and move a few rows ahead!!

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Oct 14, 2011 at 11:39:05 pm

Yeah, it does happen Mike. To bad that some people or so inconsiderate. Luckily, if it is a movie like Transformers 3 in the iMax...it is so loud that by the time the movie started I couldn't hear them anymore.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]