FORUMS: list search recent posts

Suing over a movie you didn't like? Whaaaaaa-?

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Roberts
Suing over a movie you didn't like? Whaaaaaa-?
on Oct 11, 2011 at 3:07:58 pm

This ranks right up there as not only one of the dumbest things I've ever heard, but also a nice reminder of how annoying people can be sometimes.

http://www.slashfilm.com/perso-sues-misleading-trailers-drive/

A woman is suing the film company that released Drive (one of my favorite movies of the year), because it didn't resemble The Fast and the Furious enough... She interpreted the trailer as a more action heavy film, and when she was hit up with some arthouse, she wasn't happy, and got a lawyer. Wow.

Does this mean I can finally sue Tim Burton for the last 8 years of his career? I still have my ticket stubs!

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Suing over a movie you didn't like? Whaaaaaa-?
on Oct 14, 2011 at 12:23:29 am

Let's think about this for a moment... What are the actual loses she can claim?

1) $12 average ticket price

2) $10 for a coke and popcorn

3) $3.50 mileage

So, assuming the best case scenario, and they award her treble damages, she'll win $76.50 less her attorney fees. This does not sound like a win/win for her. Personally, I think I might have simply cut my loses and asked for a refund at the ticket counter.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

Don't miss my new Creative Cow Podcast: Bringing "The Whale" to the Big Screen:
http://library.creativecow.net/weiss_roth_david/Podcast-Series-2-MikeParfit...

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Oct 14, 2011 at 3:02:51 pm

She didn't say the popcorn and coke was bad. :-) Personally, I love movie theater popcorn, a lot. Last time I went to a movie I didn't like I walked out and thought, well, at least the popcorn was good. The reality is, if you don't like a movie and leave before it is half way through they will refund your ticket. This person should have spilled hot buttery popcorn and coffee on their lap and sued them for burning their lap and they couldn't get medical attention in time because they where also stuck to the sticky floor. :-)

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Alex Hawkins
on Oct 17, 2011 at 2:15:21 am

I'm sorry but this is absolutely unbelievable. What's with 'suing'!? What about human responsibility? You know, get off your keyster and read some reviews.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]