FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dark Knight Rises Catwoman

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Smith
Dark Knight Rises Catwoman
on Oct 7, 2011 at 8:29:19 pm

I guess some photos of the Dark Knight Rises have come out. You can check out Catwoman here:
http://www.igeektrooper.com/2011/09/hathaway-as-catwoman/
While there be a Robin?

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
Re: Dark Knight Rises Catwoman
on Oct 7, 2011 at 8:36:41 pm

Well, a few years ago, Christian Bale said:

“If Robin crops up in one of the new Batman films, I’ll be chaining myself up somewhere and refusing to go to work.”

I don't know if his stance has changed since 2008, but I take it Bale doesn't want a sidekick. And with the enormous ensemble cast that is already part of Dark Knight Rises, I don't think we need Robin anyway.

Source: http://www.slashfilm.com/christian-bale-rules-out-robin-for-batman-3-and-be...

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Oct 7, 2011 at 8:41:17 pm

Honestly, I don't think they need Robin. I also don't think they need a million bad guys as well. I hope Bruce Wayne wakes up on a plane to only realize someone was planting the idea of Batman in his dream.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Oct 11, 2011 at 2:59:17 pm

Studios like Warner and Sony can't seem to help themselves; they always overload the comic book movies with too many villains, burning thru them early, and not giving any single one of them enough time to fully develop.

I think it's peculiar to comic book movies, because you don't see that kind of piling-on as much in other genres. If you have a complex political thriller movie script, they don't often insist you throw in two or three more parallel consiracy plots alongside the main one. And in romantic comedies, it would be like adding several more leading men and ladies, instead of using supporting characters.

But in a comic book movie, the studio seems afraid to pin the whole film on just one villain per film. It's gotta be a (redacted) bad-guy convention. And it leaves less material around to make a good sequel with.

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Oct 11, 2011 at 4:11:38 pm

Excellent point Mark. Look at Spiderman 3 - I can't remember who the primary villain was - Sandman or Green Goblin Jr. Neither were very diabolical. Then there was Bizarro Spiderman - I really couldn't follow that movie.

One movie that worked was Superman II where you had the Zod Gang and Lex Luthor being their tour guide. Lex had his own agenda but was not really evil just self-serving. Let's table the issue of Donner vs Lester for now.

Transformers 3 was another problem. The superheroes were Optimus, Bumblebee and the others. Did the conspiracy with McDreamy really add anything? It only added to the confusion of an already hard to follow plot. Part 1 and 2 did not have a human villain (Turturo was half bad guy at first but we grew to love him).

Batman and Robin (Schumacher) was the ultimate clusterbat. Mr Freeze, Poison Ivy, Bane (can't say I remember him), Ah-nold's one-liners were basically another thing to hate about the movie and George Clooney's bat-nipples were another disaster. So this movie had both too many villains and too many just silly things about it. Sure Burton had Catwoman and Penguin in Batman Returns, but Catwoman is more of a love interest than a villain - but in terms of the 60's Batman the ensemble super villains did sometimes work together.

Regarding Dark Knight Rises, I was surprised they would add Catwoman before a non-campy Riddler or Penguin.

Oh well - we'll see how it is. Probably awesome.

Mike Cohen

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Oct 11, 2011 at 4:48:02 pm

You will get all the Bane you need in this new one, so the baddies are Bane and Catwoman. Plus maybe one more, dammit. Less is MORE, less is MORE! Why can't they get that?

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Oct 11, 2011 at 4:49:23 pm

I WIll forgive Shumaker's Batman for only one reason: Putting Alicia Silverstone in that tight bat suit.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]