FORUMS: list search recent posts

Star Wars pancakes

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Smith
Star Wars pancakes
on Oct 7, 2011 at 3:48:19 pm

Here are some photos of the Millennium (Pancake) Falcon and the At-At. Very cool stuff.

http://www.jimspancakes.com/

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
Re: Star Wars pancakes
on Oct 7, 2011 at 4:09:53 pm

This made my day! I may have to try this.

Other unique Star Wars items up for bid:

Tauntaun sleeping bag (complete with tauntaun guts on the inside)
http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/plush/bb2e/?itm=tauntaun_sleeping_bag&rkg...

Darth Vader toaster
http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/kitchen/e72b/?itm=star_wars_toaster&rkg...

Anyone going to Comic Con in NY next weekend?

Mike Cohen

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Oct 7, 2011 at 4:12:54 pm

Ha Ha, I love the Tauntaun sleeping bag. The light saber zipper is awesome!

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Oct 7, 2011 at 5:09:08 pm

I don't want to know why a Tauntaun sleeping bag is a choking hazard.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Oct 7, 2011 at 5:31:35 pm

More Star Wars food type stuff: http://www.igeektrooper.com/2011/09/star-wars-sushi/

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
on Oct 7, 2011 at 7:20:24 pm

Don't forget the Wampa Cupcakes for dessert:

http://www.neatorama.com/2011/10/05/coconut-wampa-cupcakes/

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Oct 7, 2011 at 7:37:59 pm

How is it that in my whole like I have not had a Wampa Cupcake or slept in a Tauntaun sleeping bag...I'm pathetic. :-)

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Oct 9, 2011 at 1:37:53 am

The Tauntaun sleeping bag began as a joke, but the reaction to the joke was so strong, it became a real product.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Oct 13, 2011 at 2:17:37 pm

Want something to watch while you eat those pancakes? Youtube search for "Moves Like Jabba Maroon 5 parody".

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Jan 17, 2012 at 1:47:48 am

Based upon this video, and numerous other bits of media and writing on the subject, it is a miracle the movie was so great.

http://www.starwars.com/watch/empire_of_dreams_editing.html

But this is also why Lucas decided to stop directing Star Wars movies. "On Star Wars I had to manage 500 people and I hated that," said Lucas when he went to his USC professor Irv Kirshner to direct Empire. Good move.

Star Wars Pancakes 4eva

Mike Cohen

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Mar 5, 2012 at 9:52:32 pm

So I finally started watching the Blu-Ray set. After about 30 minutes of Phantom Menace I couldn't take it anymore and I went looking for special features. Summary: nothing special about these features.

In other Phantom news, Jake Lloyd, the lovable doe eyed boy who would be Darth has famously announced that he hated fame.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2110383/Anakin-Skywalker-actor...

He has given such interviews before. I'm sure he'll write a book and go on the speaking tour circuit.

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Mar 6, 2012 at 1:05:09 am

[Mike Cohen] "Jake Lloyd"

The two words that sum up everything wrong with the fake-quels. There is no frakking way that Jake Lloyd grows up to be Darth Vader. In every possible timeline in every possible universe, he winds up as a dramatically less cool version of Balok. (See below.)

No Darth Vader, no Star Trek. And Jake Lloyd was no Darth Vader.

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Mar 20, 2012 at 7:28:47 pm

First thing I did upon getting my Blu-Ray 27 disc set was to actually purchase a Blu-Ray player.

Once I got this home and setup, I popped in the Phantom Menace and realized that I do not care to watch this on Blu-Ray, LaserDisk, VHS or Hi8.

Next I looked at some of the extras/special features - these are in fact not very special if you already have the DVD versions of the Special Editions.

I actually have the VHS letterbox versions of the original unaltered Trilogy - something that will likely never see the light of day again unless you work for LucasFilm, and even then I think they may have destroyed the negative.

So finally I moved on the Star Wars - the original unnumbered original.

WOW! The detail is unbelievable. George Lucas has always talked about the "used universe" but on VHS and to some degree DVD you just can't see the level of detail they put into the original sets and props.

Here's a shot taken off my tv

I listened to parts of Lucas' commentary where he talks about how the studio couldn't figure out what this movie was going to be and how they worked with the bare minimum of budget to produce something that looks much more sophisticated. For example, in the Rebel Base on Yavin, when all the ships are taking off, they only had one x-wing and one y-wing full sized ship to work with, so they blocked all the shots using only those two ships to make it look like there was a whole fleet. I had never noticed this before - brilliant.

Anyway, if you want more you'll have to get your own copy, or come on over for a viewing party - just bring snacks. Tim, you get the nachos. Scott can you make Guacamole? Stephen you're on soda. Mark, can you acquire some Kalamazoo Stout - it's from your neck of the woods. I'll take care of the main course - anyone allergic to peanuts? I'll get you all my address offline - pay no attention to the fact that we all live in different cities.

Mike Cohen

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
on Mar 20, 2012 at 9:17:53 pm

[Mike Cohen] "Anyway, if you want more you'll have to get your own copy, or come on over for a viewing party - just bring snacks. Tim, you get the nachos. Scott can you make Guacamole? Stephen you're on soda. Mark, can you acquire some Kalamazoo Stout - it's from your neck of the woods. I'll take care of the main course - anyone allergic to peanuts? I'll get you all my address offline - pay no attention to the fact that we all live in different cities."

If there is ever any kind of Creative Cow Super Conference in Vegas or something, the Film History and Appreciation Forum folk should all assemble for a movie nerd screening of Star Wars. We could all drink white russians, but dye them light blue in honor of Tatooine's milk supply. That would also get in some Big Lebowski appreciation as a bonus. Just trying to cover as many bases as I can!

In terms of the Star Wars blu-rays, I marathoned the entire trilogy sometime in December of last year, so I wasn't eager to pick up the Blu-rays when they came out. But once I get a hankering to watch them over again (happens once or twice a year), I'll be picking up the [hopefully cheaper by then] blu-rays for a good watch. The way you described the picture quality, and the picture of R2 you posted... well, it's kind of exciting to think about how nice it actually looks.

On a non-Star-Wars-related-but-blu-ray-related side note, I watched Alexander Payne's film Election last night again (love that movie), and I do NOT own it on blu-ray, only DVD. But I've been watching a lot of blu-rays lately, and only watch HD television, so when I put in this DVD... yikes... it's a film from 1999 but it had the appearance/quality of a 1980s film. At least that's how it seemed. I think high def has spoiled my eyes for anything less... it's kind of sad, in a way.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Mar 21, 2012 at 7:28:18 pm

Mike, thanks for inviting me to the party! Since I'm in a different State can I park my Tauntaun sleeping bag on your couch. :-)

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]