FORUMS: list search recent posts

Unknown

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Smith
Unknown
on Sep 30, 2011 at 10:40:26 pm

I can see why Unknown seems to be unknown to most viewers. I can't really get into the problems of the film with out ruining it. That being said, I enjoyed it and had a lot of fun. I spent most of the movie thinking this just can't be. How are they going to explain this, this better not have some stupid explanation like, they just where able to see everything coming and how everyone would react to it, the bad guys are just that good. But by the end of the film and as the story unravels itself I thought, oh, that makes perfect sense. This film is definitely worth a dollar and worth seeing it to the end.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
Re: Unknown
on Oct 3, 2011 at 2:28:38 pm

Yeah, I was nervous about the whole film potentially just being an enormous plot hole, that's how it looked from the trailers. That, and I can't see Liam Neeson in a film anymore without immediately comparing it to Taken. (is it better than Taken? This looks kind of like Taken? How awesome is he in this compared to Taken?) I *almost* saw Unknown in theaters, but never got around to it, so I imagine I'll check it out some day soon. Good to know that if I just wait it out there will eventually be a logical explanation.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Oct 3, 2011 at 3:05:54 pm

Sorry, I haven't seen Taken so I can't answer that question. If Taken has a lot of Action this one doesn't. It has action here and there and it has a very real feel to it. They really could have cut out 30 minutes. But for a dollar, it was enjoyable and cool to see how it all ties together.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Oct 3, 2011 at 4:29:37 pm

Taken is better, period. Stephen, you need to check it out. Along with A-Team (which I LOVE), a spectacular example of Liam as a big-time action hero.

That said, I was pleasantly surprised by Unknown. I really liked it! It is indeed much slower-paced than Taken, and more of a psychological drama as Liam tries to fight his way out of amnesia with some unexpected turns -- for both him and us. I got there a tiny bit more quickly than Liam did, but I liked that we had to work at it.

At least I did. :-)

Definitely worth a gander.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]