FORUMS: list search recent posts

Push

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Smith
Push
on Sep 12, 2011 at 5:41:07 pm

Watched Push over the weekend and I thought it was kind of cool. It has a low Rotten Tomatoes score of 22%. It's much better then 22% which would be a little over 1 out of 5 stars. Anyways, I had a good time watching it.

It is a gritty version of X-man. Instead of everyone (mutants) having a unique power they put people in categories of what they can do. So you are either better at it then the other person or not. The back drop is Hong Kong and it looked really cool and gave the film a different feel. I loved how they created a plan with out a plan and thought that was clever. Unfortunately I think the writers where holding back for a sequel and some of the charters issues where never resolved which left the film feeling incomplete in my mind. All in all, I enjoyed it and didn't feel like I was wasting my time watching it but I wouldn't watch it again.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
Re: Push
on Sep 12, 2011 at 8:19:47 pm

I vaguely remember the promos for this movie. It came out at like the same time as Jumper and Wanted, and they all seemed like the same movie. I chose to watch Wanted, and assumed I got what I needed out of all three. I'm in no hurry to see Push, but I'd give it a chance it it showed up on HBO or something. Though, I said the same thing about The Losers, and I've skipped by it on my Comcast menu every time... Too much crap on my DVR, too many video games, not enough time. Man, my life is kind of awesome and sad at the same time.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Sep 12, 2011 at 8:36:45 pm

I found Jumper to be really boring. Sorry Doug Liman.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Sep 13, 2011 at 1:48:29 am

[Stephen Smith] "Sorry Doug Liman."

You can make it up to him by watching Go.

He more than makes up for including Katie Holmes by featuring Sarah Polley, Timothy Olyphant and William Fichtner, and bringing us the feature film debut of Melissa McCarthy. (You can glimpse her in the trailer.) I like this movie a LOT.

And Scott, The Losers is a good time. I'm ready for the sequel.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Sep 14, 2011 at 4:16:53 pm

Don't get me wrong. I like Doug Liman. Well, I don't know him but you know what I mean. I'm very happy he took the Bourne franchise to film. The Bourne Identity which he directed is the first film I listened to the directors commentary all the way through. I've seen the film a lot. I would watch that car chase scene over and over. I also liked Mr. & Mrs. Smith a lot, it just lacked an ending.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]