FORUMS: list search recent posts

The Future of Film (food for thought)

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Cardonna
The Future of Film (food for thought)
on Aug 25, 2011 at 2:36:33 am

Maybe this is not the correct forum but its the closest I can find.

Saw this new software and saw a vision of a posible future. Just imagine this software with higher processing power and state of the art graphics. It could very well be possible to make a movie with no actors and very few collaboratos if any and no camera or equipment at all.

http://www.moviestorm.co.uk/hub/docs

Richard

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
Re: The Future of Film (food for thought)
on Aug 25, 2011 at 4:33:25 am

It's definitely an interesting concept for the future. But it would need unbearably good graphics for most people to care. Right now it looks like The Sims. There's no way they would be able to make a consumer product that would compete with the emotion that real computer animators are capable of creating. If this program would emulate *even slightly* a 5 second clip from say, Toy Story 1, then I'd be impressed. Still, this is only the framework for a consumer product that will likely only end up being average. Can't you already do similar things at Xtranormal?

What I gathered from the video is a very controlled environment. There may be a lot of options, but still you only have the options that the program permits. Interesting idea, though. This actually seems like a cooler way to make the framework for amateur video game creation as opposed to movies, in my opinion.

Return to posts index

Richard Cardonna
Re: The Future of Film (food for thought)
on Aug 25, 2011 at 9:51:40 am

of course but who knows where image development might take us and instead of cartoonish images we get vivid lifelike images.

Can you imagine a writer-cinematagrapher-director-editor doing a movie sitting on his desk.

It will give a new meaning to novelist.

Though at first glance it looks like a great previsualization tool. Better than a storyboard at least for some projects.

Richard

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]