FORUMS: list search recent posts

25 Most anticipated movies of 2012

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Smith
25 Most anticipated movies of 2012
on Jul 29, 2011 at 6:47:19 pm

Check out this list on IMDB of the 25 Most anticipated movies of 2012. Who knows which ones really will come out and which ones will not. But I loved Star Trek, Die Hard 1 & 4 and the Bourne movies.

http://www.imdb.com/list/v4qn1bEcqgs/

PS, Battleship is 20. :-)

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
Re: 25 Most anticipated movies of 2012
on Jul 29, 2011 at 7:45:54 pm

The first 7 are good (maybe in the wrong order, though), but wow, it just sinks downhill after that. Expendables 2? Clash of the Titans 2? HITMAN 2?????? Oh wow, no thanks! How can they make a Hitman 2? That's ironically on the list, right? Is it direct-to-video?

Are people really more excited for a G.I. Joe sequel than a Star Trek one? And did anyone ask for yet ANOTHER Resident Evil movie and ANOTHER Underworld movie? Wait, I Robot 2? This list is a practical joke right? I didn't even know all these horrible sequels were in the works.

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Jul 30, 2011 at 12:40:05 pm

I personally have Star Trek at #1 on my list, followed by Bond and Hobbit.

The most dreaded sequel to me is Indy 5, at least based on #4. Maybe they'll be like Oasis, who kept apologizing for how crappy the last record was and said we'll do better next time.

They certainly did that with Die Hard 4 vis a vis Die Hard 3, and I think they totally delivered. I'm on board for 5.

I'm also curious about World War Z. I loved the book, but can't visualize it as a movie....

[Scott Roberts] "And did anyone ask for yet ANOTHER Resident Evil movie and ANOTHER Underworld movie?"

'Fraid so, my son. Resident Evil made $296 million on a $60 million budget, and was the highest grossing entry in the series. Demand is inarguably going up.

Underworld is holding steady, hovering right in the $100 million neighborhood: $91m on a $35m budget for #3, opening at $21m in the US.

(Worth noting: it was kept out of the #1 spot by the second weekend of Paul Blart, whose dropoff was an exceptionally low 32% from week 1 - 50% is expected for most features, as much as 80% for a typical superhero movie.)

So while not the same screaming demand as for Resident Evil, both this and that speak to the readiness of audiences to see women kicking ass, which just isn't being met on a regular basis apart from these series.

Salt may be next, as Angelina just signed on for a sequel, which I'm VERY much looking forward to.

I Robot 2, not so much. Stand clear, though: Asimov wrote NINE Robot stories.

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Jul 30, 2011 at 12:59:32 pm

The fact that Spielberg is thinking about Jurassic Park 4 should tell us that money makes people make poor decisions. The guy doesn't need another penny so you would think he'd work on new ideas. But H-wood seems afraid of new ideas.
Mike

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
on Aug 1, 2011 at 2:50:39 pm

Spielberg's not money hungry, are you crazy...? I wouldn't even consider him as money driven unless he did something like re-release Jurassic Park and Jaws in 3D. And haha, that would never hap... I don't... oh... wait... sigh...

http://www.abc12.com/story/15131295/spielberg-jurassic-park-jaws-could-go-3...

I'll tell you what, just re-release regular Jaws in theaters, THIS WEEKEND, and I'm sure it would make a crapload of money with an extremely low amount of effort on the part of Mr. Spielberg. He'd barely even have to take a break from working on Robopocalypse, or Lincoln. Or the movie where Lincoln fights robots on the Moon. I don't even know anymore.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Aug 1, 2011 at 3:16:40 pm

Who knows, maybe Jurassic Park 4 will be really cool.

And yes, clearly the list needs to be re-ordered.

[Tim]
They certainly did that with Die Hard 4 vis a vis Die Hard 3, and I think they totally delivered. I'm on board for 5.

I really loved Die Hard 4. And I would add that I personally think 2 & 3 where not very good. I can't wait for Die Hard 5. Fingers crossed that John McClane doesn't fight Aliens and survives a nuclear blast.

For the Bourne movie, did I see that right? New director and new Bourne?

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Jeff Breuer
on Aug 1, 2011 at 3:38:10 pm

I heard a rumor that "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" may FINALLY be made next year with Ben Stiller. It has been in development for probably ten or fifteen years with just as many names attached to it. It's a great story and if it finally happens next year I will be excited.

Return to posts index

Alex Hawkins
on Aug 2, 2011 at 1:20:11 pm

I'd probably see the first 3 on that list and then maybe 7, 13, 18 and 19.

Pass on the rest.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]