FORUMS: list search recent posts

Saddest? Obviously they never watched "Spice World"

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Suszko
Saddest? Obviously they never watched "Spice World"
on Jul 27, 2011 at 2:03:03 am

http://www.nerve.com/news/movies/watch-the-saddest-movie-scenes-ever-surefire-way-to-cry-your-eyes-out

I will say that the last five or so movies that made me tear up were all animated films.

Shall we start a list?

How Vin Diesel got me weepy:

Goddamnit....(sniff)... still works.

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
Re: Saddest? Obviously they never watched "Spice World"
on Jul 27, 2011 at 1:07:56 pm

ET - gets me every time

Pretty much any scene in which a child is reunited with a parent throws me over the edge

Bring a dog into the mix and forget it - I'm buying stock in Kleenex

Mike Cohen

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jul 27, 2011 at 2:04:41 pm

Another one. Just two, one-word sentences.

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
on Jul 27, 2011 at 2:12:08 pm

The saddest movie I've ever seen by far is an animated film called The Plague Dogs. It's by the animation company that made Watership Down.

It's about two dogs who are experimented on at a research facility, but manage to escape. On their way out they accidentally knock over a flask or something, and then are hunted for the rest of the movie because the humans think they are now carrying a deadly virus. And it's a cartoon!

Throw in back story of life before becoming lab rats, give them a lovable fox friend to meet along the way (I bet you know what happens to him), and then give possibly the most heartbreaking ending they could think of, and wow... I watched it once, like 6 years ago, I haven't been able to watch it again. I own it, and every time I see the DVD case amongst the other DVDs, I get bummed out.

It's a good message against animal testing, without getting preachy like PETA does. But I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, because it will RUIN. YOUR. YEAR.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jul 27, 2011 at 2:47:22 pm

Empire of the Sun is a movie I have not seen in a long time but oh boy, I remember that being a sad movie. If you haven't seen it it is well worth the time.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
on Jul 27, 2011 at 3:19:24 pm

Just a few more quick ones I thought of (man, this is turning out to be a depressing morning):

-The ending to Big Fish usually gets to me. Such a well done, grand build up to an over-the-top goodbye for the father character.

-Most of the Sam/Frodo "remembering the Shire, because they're thinking they're about to die" stuff while their in Mordor towards the very end of the LOTR trilogy usually bums me out. Much more so then when Frodo leaves on the ship to elf heaven.

-The first 5 minutes of UP. After that it becomes fun!

-The incinerator scene/Andy's goodbye in Toy Story 3 is probably the most recent time my eyes watered up in public. But they were hidden behind 3D glasses. Phew.

-I have a generic childhood memory of The Land Before Time bringing me down when I was 5.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jul 27, 2011 at 4:15:56 pm

Just because they make me tear up, doesn't mean they are always sad all the way thru... this clip is from the finest part of Disney's "Fantasia 2000", I saw this in an Omnimax as a surpeise gift from and with my artist wife, and from about the five minute mark onward, the waterworks just start and keep cranking up for both of us, not from the initial sadness, but from the realization of rebirth, the resilience of nature as a metaphor for overcoming human tragedy with an indominatable spirit of hope.

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Jul 27, 2011 at 4:12:59 pm

[Stephen Smith] "Empire of the Sun is a movie I have not seen in a long time"

I always wondered what became of the little boy who did a great job in that movie ;)

Leave it to Spielberg to discover great talent.

Mike Cohen

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
on Jul 27, 2011 at 7:17:10 pm

[Mike Cohen] "
I always wondered what became of the little boy who did a great job in that movie ;)"

I wonder if his hatred of DPs began on Empire of the Sun?

Return to posts index

Alex Hawkins
on Aug 9, 2011 at 11:52:30 pm

Life Is Beautiful was, for me, the most I have ever laughed AND cried at one film.

The first 8 minutes of Up. Unbelievably heart wrenching and top notch film making.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]