FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mission Impossible 4 - Ghost Protocol

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Smith
Mission Impossible 4 - Ghost Protocol
on Jun 30, 2011 at 2:57:47 pm

So I just watched the Mission Impossible 4 - Ghost Protocol trailer (see below) and thought it was cool:

However, It looks like in all 4 mission impossibles movies our hero Ethan Hunt has to battle a corrupt IMF employee. Brandt, who are you really! I think whoever is in the IMF Humane Resources department that is in charge of hiring should be fired. Can we have a movie where the bad guy didn't work for IMF? Anyway, I'm looking forward to the movie.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
Re: Mission Impossible 4 - Ghost Protocol
on Jun 30, 2011 at 4:11:11 pm

Yeah,, i saw this before Transformers last night, awesome trailer. Cut really intensely to the music, I liked that. I've still never seen Mission Impossible 2 or 3, though. Maybe I should watch them before December so I can check this out. Unless they are basically standalone films? I have no idea...

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jun 30, 2011 at 4:21:17 pm

His first one was the only good one, and that one was also flawed, but enjoyable. Okay, I take that back a little bit: Phillip Seymore Hoffman is an awesome actor, and his vilalin role is the best thing about the sequel, the rest of it after the opening operation is rote.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jun 30, 2011 at 4:21:33 pm

They really are stand alone films. Each have a different director with a very different style. They really have very little in common. However, some stuff happens in the third film that I can't say or it will ruin it for you and I imagine they will pretend like it didn't happen and this is just another stand alone film. But will see. PS. I imagine from the reviews you have written that you will not like MI2.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Jun 30, 2011 at 7:23:17 pm

[Stephen Smith] "They really are stand alone films. Each have a different director with a very different style."

This one feels more sequel-y than the others, in that JJ Abrams (who directed #3) is producing this one, and had a hand in the story.

The director this time is Brad Bird, whose last job as a director was...Ratatouille! The most underrated Pixar picture of all time, but other than an episode of Amazing Stories in 1987, all his other credits are animated...but winners: Incredibles, Iron Giant and The Simpsons are some others.

I had zero interest in this before I saw the trailer in front of T3D. I really like Jeremy Renner, and am intrigued by the idea of him taking over from Tom Cruise for MI4.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jul 1, 2011 at 3:54:45 pm

The mole-in-the-organization thing is hackneyed and it helped kill off "24". Wouldn't it be cooler to go head-to-head with the Russian version of the IMF? Or the Chinese? To out-scam, out-fight, out-think an equal opponent?

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Jul 1, 2011 at 5:11:33 pm

Or how about reflecting the current world?

Send Tom Cruise to hunt down a fictional Bin Laden type character, rather than going up against yet another diabolical billionaire from the corporate world or the leader of a fictional country 24-style.

It might be cool if his wife, who knew nothing about his secret life in MI3 was in fact a double agent the whole time. Nothing worse than having to kill your own spouse!

What might be even cooler is killing off Ethan Hunt. I'd pay $9.50 to watch a Tom Cruise death scene - there have been very few of those.

Mike Cohen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]